Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Star Wars

Star Wars

Star Wars

Postby fishki » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:42 pm

That was fun as hell drew, I had no idea where you guys were, I was just trying to stay alive and kill people. Was totally confused on how to do what, it just installed when I joined in, and not much you can change on controller layout either.

I did run thru a pickup and got some blaster thing, had no idea how to use it or even if I could.
And I saw some players with a shield around them I think.
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm

Yeah it was a fun time.

Yes, there are 2 shields. There are player shield perks. And squad shield pick ups. I personally find squad shields rather useless and just dump them right away... Lol but they do have a use, they can be used as a safe zone for health recovery. A personal shield can be useful in cargo to run the cargo back to your base. Cargo is like a capture the flag type of game.

Shields... They block blaster shots, but you can not shoot a blaster out of them either. Rockets will go through a shield. And ion weapons will destroy a shield.

How to use pick ups: you press L1 & L2 to drop or equip the item depending on what it is. In the case of the shield it will just drop whenever you press the button. For the blaster cannon the cannon will also just drop, this weapon is a turret bit doesn't rotate 360 so make sure you are facing the way you want to shoot. Thermal grenades: pressing L1 & R1 initiates a throw so aim first. Smart rocket and orbital strike pressing L1&R1 will equip the the item and then you aim and shoot like a regular gun. You can also find pickups for planes, at-st's, at-at's and the hero characters.

Perks: these are called cards on the game or Star Cards. You will need to purchase these cards with the in game currency you received from your points total after a round.

You start off with one hand of cards to play with but you unlock a second hand after level 10 so you can swap them out.

With in each hand you can carry 2 weapons cards and 1 gold perk card. The perk cards usually add a perk to your main gun.

Then there are also black trait cards. These you can only apply one at a time and you won't see these in a game, they are just active all the time. One example is one that keeps you off radar.

Cards unlock for purchase as you move through the ranks.

The companion app has one really good use. The rest is whatever. The app actually has a game in it. It's a simple cars type game but you earn in game currency through it. I would say the first 10 rounds are worth playing as you can finish them with high health and get decent in game money for them. After that it's hard to finish with full health so it's time spent to complete may not be worth it.

But the really useful feature of this app is for your in game card hands. The game only let's you set 2 hands of cards. But the app will let you pre-set as many as you want and then you select 2 to show up in game. You can then switch them out at any time and they show up the next round.

Most of the large maps play like defense team and offense team. You fight over control points. Some you just stand by and others you have run up to and press square. I won't go through all the game modes as they become a little obvious. But go ahead and ask questions about them if you want.
Drew

Postby Drew » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:50 pm

So we all have starwars... When are we playing?
Drew

Re: Star Wars

Postby fishki » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:39 pm

defininitely not tonite lol, Im staying far far away from my ps4 , have a long drive to look at a job tomorrow :yeh:
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:43 pm

Lol, we've been on the ps4 more in the last 2 weeks then I have in the last 4 years.
Drew

Postby Drew » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Drew

Postby sportsnut » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:49 am

Earn double credits in Battlefront this weekend! Great time to rank up. :2gs:
sportsnut

Postby Drew » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Oh man, I tried playing last night. I got so used to destiny's controls I struggled pretty bad. More so then my usual noob self.
Drew

Postby fishki » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:56 pm

lol yeah i need to play this more... just been stuck in destiny :2gs:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:54 pm

I hear ya... There are some updates, new maps and an expansion coming.
Drew

Return to Star Wars