I did waste my money
25%
I love my Wii
8%

Total votes : 12

Is a Wii worth it?

Postby fishki » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:13 pm

I dont have one, prolly never get one
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Re: Is a Wii worth it?

Postby krazykat » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:36 am

fishki wrote:I dont have one, prolly never get one

I bought a wii, it has great 1st party content. That is undeniable. Zelda, Mario, super smash bros etc... Also the sports games are a blast.

Unfortunately the third party content is a bit lacking. Their Wii store has some old titles, but most of them aren't interesting. I did get a kick out of Actraiser though.

I haven't played my Wii since my ps3 had the YLOD. I played De Blobbed for like 8hrs in two days. I will never play the game again.

The wii is a cool console, great idea, but not worth a buy for you or nemo.
krazykat

Postby Noodlez » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:31 pm

if super mario galaxy could be played with the classic controller i would say yes...but since it cant i say no!!!!!! hell no!!! biggest piece of crap system EVER...unless u hack it and get all the games for free then ok buy it...other than that...i admit i do LOVE monster hunter 3 and...and....and....ummm...ummm...metroids good...no more heroes is good....conduit sucks...idk they do have some gems no doubt but overalll its not worth it...
Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, he hands the innkeeper 3 nails and he asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby twistedblister » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 pm

I still dig the Dead space prequeal on rails shooter. pretty damn creapy for the big N but yeah pretty much i have not played with my wii in a long time. its a damn shame my wii sitting there all dusty and sad. ok enough wii yokes. i still like the pack in belive it or not and paper mario is a hoot. SMG is a biiii a ttttttt ccch to me becase the control is less then exact at times. man i will shake the dum stick from time to time for fun but give me spot on joysticks when percision counts.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Re: Is a Wii worth it?i

Postby twistedblister » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:38 pm

I FOUND THE Quick Reply. yeah!

and kudos to fish being the first in the forumn.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:05 am

lol at Nood. The pointer and nunchuk are comfortable. The only motion it has is a shake to spin. It uses the pointer to get and shoot star bits.

SMG2 is even better than SMG1.

It really depends on the games you want Fish. After today the answer will be more clear as well.
MichaelVash7886

Postby Noodlez » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:30 pm

nintendo clearly had the best e3 press conference...and i relly hope most of the games shown will allow you to use the classic controller cuz hot damn i want evry single game i saw today for the wii...and about the 3ds.....im completely sold jus cuz of kid icarus...EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, he hands the innkeeper 3 nails and he asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:42 pm

No idea why you want to use the classic controller so much. The wiimote and nunchuck are plenty comfortable. And I'm thinking the majority of those games will have little to do with motion, save Metroid with it's pointing.

If Nood is even saying Nintendo had the best show then I know all the people saying MS won are absolutely crazy.
MichaelVash7886

Postby twistedblister » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:26 pm

paper mario and the golf pack in.... dead space rails shooter pretty much it for me.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby Noodlez » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:27 pm

the wiimote is comfortable thats right but i just cant stand using it wen a nice standard controller will be so much better, i can't stand motion gaming and no game on the wii, ps3, or crapbox will ever change my mind...well mayb star wars kinect who knows....and i totally agree with u vash...whoever says microsoft won e3 is a retarded fanboy who doznt appreciate real games and just likes shooters -_-
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby pineapple7811 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:45 am

am i really the only one who loves the wii? even though i only have about 3 or 4 games for it, and hardly ever play it since i got my ps3, it's still tons of fun!
wii sports, wii play, even the wii fit. super paper mario is the shit, and all the old gamecube games.
i usually only play it when i have friends over and we're just chillin at the house drinkin.
pineapple7811

Postby fishki » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:38 pm

i have never even played any games on a wii, just didnt thnk it would be much fun since i mainly like fps games
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby krazykat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:33 pm

I do hear Super Paper Mario is the shit. My friend has Mario Galaxy 2, he absolutely loves it.
krazykat

Postby legendary-pirate » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:04 pm

I did waste my money. The only use for keeping it is that it can play gamecube games. lol
Now I think I'm going to get the Move :sw:
legendary-pirate

Postby fishki » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:25 pm

I know some peeps that bought one and basiclly its just an expensive paperweight now since they never play it
fishki
Site Admin

Postby twistedblister » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:51 pm

mine has become a paper weight.:-(

if the big N releases a new one will anyone be tempted. I may not for the first time since the SNES man wow. ?
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby legendary-pirate » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:17 am

pineapple7811 wrote:am i really the only one who loves the wii? even though i only have about 3 or 4 games for it, and hardly ever play it since i got my ps3, it's still tons of fun!
wii sports, wii play, even the wii fit. super paper mario is the shit, and all the old gamecube games.
i usually only play it when i have friends over and we're just chillin at the house drinkin.

I would agree that these are the only good games/uses for the Wii. ^^

Otherwise I have rented and/or owned Mario party 8 which sucked, Pirates of the Caribbean: 3 sucked, COD: World at War sucked, Michael Jackson: the experience sucked...It's a bummer.
legendary-pirate

Postby fishki » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:45 pm

lmao, glad I never bought a Wii
fishki
Site Admin

Postby legendary-pirate » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:23 pm

twistedblister wrote:mine has become a paper weight.:-(

if the big N releases a new one will anyone be tempted. I may not for the first time since the SNES man wow. ?

That's a good question. I have no idea, it really would depend on what sort of console they decide to come out with and the features of it. IDK I might be with you on this one. It would have to be something really awesome, and maybe have rechargeable controllers this time..and not need a battery...one of the reasons why I love PS3.
legendary-pirate

Postby Drew » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:33 pm

I bought one for the wife so she could use the fit. She does sometimes, but really its just an eyesore to me. I'm still bent about the sensor bar i had to stick to my speaker.
Drew

Postby fishki » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:00 pm

i dunno, i never saw the need for a wii, but who knows, maybe i will get one some day, im sure i can find a couple games i might like
fishki
Site Admin

Return to Wii