Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Talk About Anything

Can anyone explain something to this ignorant fool..

Can anyone explain something to this ignorant fool..

Postby nymphetomine » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Ok,so I've been wondering about this for quite a while now..
Please don't be offended, really, don't be.

Ok, as you guys probably know, I'm Dutch. better yet, I'm a Dutch guy with no real love for my country. Not that I hate it or anything, but I just don't care.
Nothing wrong with that if you ask me, but when surfing the internet I see a lot of forum post (not here) from Americans about the U.S. being so great and all. They are very patriotic.
I watch the news, I read the papers, I know America is not the promised land, there are happening a lot of fucked up things in the States.
I also understand that it is a rather large country with many different ethnic groups and lots of different religions. I've noticed this is sometimes used as an excuse for(some) of the violence that happens.

So my question is why are so many Americans patriotic and how can they keep that mentality with some much trouble all around?

Is this because it is spoon fed or is it just me being unable to comprehend? Is it some other reason?

Sorry if my rant is unclear, I'm just confused about the matter..

Oh, don't be offended. :yeh:
"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Re: Can anyone explain something to this ignorant fool..

Postby fishki » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:16 pm

You are right, America is fucked up in my opinion.
Everyday in the news it is a shooting, bombing, kidnapping, whatever. I personally don't see America as being all that great in the broad scope of things, yes it is nice to have the freedom to do as I please, live where I want, work in the field I want to work in, or just stay home and be a bum, all this with out being controlled by religion or government or a militarized state like some other countries. And in all actuality, not many people in America are actually Americans, myself I am German, my grandparents came here years ago, just because I was born in the US I guess that makes me an American. As far as different races and ethnic groups, I personally have no problem with them. For instance the recent Boston bombings, just because it was done by a couple of Muslims does not make them all bad, in fact many are pissed off that it was done by 2 Muslims. Now in the news they are saying the oldest brother was flagged by Russia and they asked the FBI to investigate him for his radical Islamist ways (or something like that) and that was back in 2011. As for myself, I have lived in the US most my life, I did live in Canada for a couple years once up in Alberta, I absolutely loved it there and wish I had stayed, but I have family ties where I am so I basically feel "stuck" here. And I for one am not religious, nor a diehard hardcore American Patriot, I did not ask to be born here, but I am very thankful I was.

I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby nymphetomine » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:03 am

thanks for your input fish!
didn't know you were german.. :pick:

anyone else want to jump in? fish isn't patriotic enough.. :yeh:
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:38 am

Fish is an American, don't let him tell you otherwise. I am too German, 50% split by some Check, Danish and Norwegian. So yeah I'm a mut.

I'm not a Patriot and I feel some of American patriotism feels cheesy. But maybe cause it's old I don't know. But I don't think there are many other places I would like to live. I also like Canada. I like the idea behind their health care but I hear it can be hard to get in as there are too many patients per doctor. Mexico scares me. I've been to Germany and it was cool but I don't think I would move there. I have always been interested in Australia /new Zealand. But yeah for the most part I feel safe here and not so much when traveling.

Yeah we have a lot of crime... A lot of publicized crime. Not to say we don't have issues but there are many countries with crime you never hear about.

To be honest our legal system is screwed. Great at its core but corrupt. Lawyers out for making them selves look good or to earn money rather then do what's right. Punishments are not enough for some bad crimes. Really we give too many rights to some criminals that shouldn't exist.

I don't know man, maybe you should visit. You've been just about everywhere else.

Sent from my EVO
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:38 pm

I might visit one day.. But to be honest, America never really appealed to me. I don't know why tho.. But I do have some family in San Jose, California where I could drop by xD.
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby fishki » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Not a good time to visit nymph, America is in a hell of a crisis right now.
Were talking war, famine, even a plague going on. The North Bank of the Mississippi has been defrauding all its customers, foreclosed on everyone, the government can't bail them out because the Chinese debt is just way to high. I'm not sure how our once great country can even survive this, it seems Great Britain is set to buy us out, they want their country back. After the revolt of 1492 BC when the great unstoppable Thomas Franklin rode his carriage thru the streets shouting "THE JAPS ARE COMING! THE JAPS ARE COMING!" Well, lets just say they never really forgot that night, after all the plundering and shenanigans we did to their women and children, it's hard to say what they have planned for us now. Myself and Nemo have started prepping, that's right, doomsday is upon us. They won't stick me in a concentration camp. I know it's hard for you to understand all this nymph, being since you are an out of towner and such, hell maybe even a foreigner, or an alien, I dunno. Maybe if Edward Snowden had not of run off with all of NASA's secrets, maybe we would have had a chance. We're a divided country on this, the South drew the line when the East sided with the West, and bottom line is, we can't go North now. I'm pretty sure civil war is upon us, it will be nothing short of a global catastrophe, I kept saying to myself, "Talk to North Korea, just talk to North Korea" But it is just far to late for that. Stay in Antartica till its over nymph, then come see whats left.
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:28 am

Fish!!!! You told me doomsday was a lie!

Now what do I do?

Sent from my EVO
Drew

Return to Talk About Anything