Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Destiny

Destiny

Destiny

Postby fishki » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:32 am

Drew that warmind must have been story or something, when we finished I went and looked at my quests again and it was completed, I have no freaking idea.

I will prolly be playing most tomorrow afternoon, need to get some better weapons, that pulse rifle sucks :2gs:
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Re: Destiny

Postby fishki » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:10 pm

Nymph thanks for dragging me thru a shit storm last nite :yeh:

I died 10 times before I quit, I killed absolutely no one.
I am only level 23, other enemy players were level 40.

You state Level does not matter, when in fact it does matter. 17 levels difference and they would be almost impossible for me to kill, unless they feel bad and just stand still.

The difference in level between me and my target affects the damage I cause. Damage done decreases by the levels lower that I am, starting roughly 25% for the first level and 50% by the third.

Granted being higher wont give them a damage boost, but it sure makes it easier for them to kill me since i might as well be shooting a bb gun.

Levels also matter on what weapons I can aquire. Lets take Red Death, A pulse rifle that I can get at level 20 and level 40, both have same impact rating, 14, But the one at level 20 only has attack value of 155, while the one at level 40 has attack value of 310.

The attack value determines the potentiall damage from the impact rating in % compared to enemy defense rating, the higher the defence, the less damage I do. Bigger attack number = impact value has fuller effect.

So yeah, levels do matter.
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:28 pm

Haha, I do agree. I don't understand how they say level doesn't matter. Yet guns and armor are everything in crucible, which is directly tied to your level. What else does level do besides get you guns and armor?
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:40 am

The only way level matters in crucible is which weapons you can use. The damage output and armour ratings are disabled,aka everyone has the same stats. Believe it or not.
Yes, it's easy to die in crucible, and yes, it's hard to kill in crucible. Usually the person who gets hit first dies.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, fish. I didn't stop to think about the skill based match making in crucible (I'm not a terrible player) so you got grouped with people with similar skill as me. If you were fireteam leader things would've been different.
Had a real tight match with drew not long after that.

Hope to be on tomorrow!
"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:01 pm

Hmm... When I first tried crucible as a low low rank it really felt like even if I got the first shot off and was unloading that it did nothing to my opponent.

I also see people that looks like they have 2 life or energy bars. A white one and then a red one. What is this? Is it some sort of super? This could be why our guns felt like bb guns.

Also with any multi-player map knowledge and map awareness really matter. I've never been a super killer on multi-player but when I don't know the map I die crazy. I have a run and gun style and this gets me into trouble, usually outnumbered... Haha. But once I know a map and start to gain awareness of where enemies might be and where my teammates are and are headed I do much better. Even if I still suck I don't feel like I'm just standing still waiting to die.

I see there are crucible specific weapons. What are these about?

I have a crucible quest right now to kill 15 players with scorch so I wouldn't mind playing a little.

I've never been a fan of deathwatch. I like objective based game. So that zone control mode is good with me.
Drew

Postby fishki » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:47 pm

This is for Crucible PvP... Nymph your argument is invalid :flp:

To make this skill based alone there should be a limited set of weapons to use.
Warhawk for example, evenly matched weapons, there were no perks or upgrades.
It was simply skill alone.

In normal Crucible matches the Level, Attack, and Defense stats don't matter at all
This is what I have an issue with, simply because all weapons are not equal, are they making the damage from every weapon equal? I don't think so. If they do away with L,A, and D, how are they computing the weapon damage? How are they computing your defense value?

Knowing this I went into crucible totally unprepared, my loadout for PvE was NOT what I needed for crucible.

And once again, higher levels are getting better weapon unlocks. Level Matters.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Equipping For PvP

In normal Crucible matches the Level, Attack, and Defense stats don't matter at all. When Level Advantages are enabled these things will apply just not as heavily as in PvE (Player vs Environment) scenarios. You will also want to boost the rate that your most trusted ability cools down; that is, equip Discipline, Intellect, or Strength gear to lower Melee Modifier, Grenades, and Super Abilities depending on which one you are best with/prefer. You can change out your gear as necessary on the fly but you will lose all the ammo for that weapon though. This is good for equipping short-range weapons and then changing to Sniper Rifles if the map dictates it.

Interfacing

The Motion Tracker is much more important in the Crucible. The inner circle indicates activity within 8 meters, the wedge is upto 23 meters, and the outer ring is 24 or more meters. Use this to understand how far away enemies are so you can best defeat them. In addition to this, aiming down the sights at a target will show a red nameplate if it's an enemy but a gold one if their Super Ability is ready so be aware of this.

Stat Prioritization

Agility is useful because you can outrun your opponent and out maneuver them. This is useful for getting in close with a Titan so you can melee your enemy or as a Bladedancer to quickly annihilate the opponent. Armor on the other hand provides a much more needed advantage; the higher Armor lets you win firefights where you are equally matched in dealing damage because you will take slightly less. Recovery is also critical because you need to be able to exchange with numerous enemies quickly. Armor aids in surviving the initial exchange but Recovery will get you back into the fight quickly. In short, prioritize Armor and Recovery to have the best chances of winning.

Movement

Be careful with using Double Jumps and Triple Jumps in PvP. Too often you'll hover and be flying across the screen as someone lays into you with an Auto Rifle or picks you off with a Sniper Rifle. The Hunter is the exception because of the ability to change directions with Double Jump. Blink is also a great technique but remember that you can't use it more than twice every 10 seconds, and if you go into a fight thinking you can just Blink away, remember that it might be on cooldown.

Crouching is a great tool in PvP, it reduces the number of times you are pinging the Motion Tracker with your position. When playing Control it's often best to crouch during and after capturing a Control Point so invading enemies won't know where you are solely on the Motion Tracker showing them. Sliding is another useful ability for evading attacks and also getting in close with a powerful weapon like a Hand Cannon or Shotgun.

Grenades/Melee/Super Abilities

Grenades are useful for forcing your opponent into a better position to be shot or just defeating them out right. Seeker grenades will show you the position of an enemy if you can spot them on the Motion Tracker but aren't sure where exactly. Persistent grenades are good for choke points. If an enemy is chasing you, for instance, you could move through a doorway and leave the grenade waiting for them. Blast grenades will deal the best damage since they explode instantly; they are best used when you can land them near your target. Sticky grenades are tough to use but sticking an enemy will almost always be a kill.

Melee is important in the Crucible because when the enemy loses it's shield you will be able to melee them for a kill. Two melee strikes is normally fatal as well and being able to accurately melee is important for that reason. The modifiers are great for inflicting burn over time or instantly defeating an enemy, such as a Knife Throw to the head with a Hunter. The damage over time effects guarantee that the player will not go into Recovery allowing you to track them and get the final blow. Be careful trying to just outright melee though because Shotguns and Fusion Rifles will quickly kill you and running straight at someone leaves you an easy target.

Lastly, Super Abilities are very powerful and usually instant kills. You will use them a few times a match if you are reducing the cooldown or playing well so you'll want to make them count. It's great for taking or defending an area; during Control it often lends to wiping out a group defending the point. The Titans' Ward of Dawn is fantastic for cutting off certain points and defending others at the same time.

Primary Weapons Choice

You'll want to choose the weapon that best suits you and the situation. Auto Rifles with high stability and Pulse Rifles are always going to be a go-to choice among the masses because of the ability to shoot many times very quickly and often accurately. Scout Rifles and Hand Cannons have their benefits too because one or two headshots can be a kill, though you'll likely pay a large penalty for missing if you are exposed. In general, Auto Rifles are great at short and mid-range distance because you can get headshots repeatedly and usually half a clip is plenty to kill someone. There is also room for making a mistake because going full auto allows you to miss.

Pulse Rifles are best at mid-range because they deal more damage than an Auto Rifle and often are more accurate at this distance. Up close you'll have issues unless you are fairly accurate with headshots because of the three-round burst that the Pulse Rifle fires. The Scout Rifles are great and medium to long range for obvious reasons. The weapon fires slowly but aiming down the sights allow great accuracy and this thing can pack a punch. Against any other weapon up close and you'll have some real problems though. The Hand Cannon is great for its ability to deal the highest damage but often comes with a much smaller clip. This means you'll need to be very accurate; the best players and most accurate ones will favor the Hand Cannon because it is definitely the most powerful in almost any range.

For maps with close-quarters combat, bring a Shotgun and you'll be able to defeat your enemies in a single shot at an 8 meter distance. For maps with distance bring a Sniper Rifle; usually two shots kills the enemy or a headshot does the trick. Do remember that a Sniper Rifle will shine a red light when you are aiming down the sights so if you see one yourself you'll want to run for cover or face taking a bullet to the head. The Fusion Rifle is the tricky weapon in terms of Specials because it can be used anywhere but isn't the easiest weapon to fire. Like the Hand Cannon, the Fusion Rifle is the most powerful but is also very unforgiving if you miss. Remember to replenish this ammo often if you prefer Special Weapons.

Special Weapon Choice

For maps with close-quarters combat, bring a Shotgun and you'll be able to defeat your enemies in a single shot at an 8 meter distance. For maps with distance bring a Sniper Rifle; usually two shots kills the enemy or a headshot does the trick. Do remember that a Sniper Rifle will shine a red light when you are aiming down the sights so if you see one yourself you'll want to run for cover or face taking a bullet to the head. The Fusion Rifle is the tricky weapon in terms of Specials because it can be used anywhere but isn't the easiest weapon to fire. Like the Hand Cannon, the Fusion Rifle is the most powerful but is also very unforgiving if you miss. Remember to replenish this ammo often if you prefer Special Weapons.

Heavy Weapon Choice

First off, there is limited Heavy Weapon Ammo and it is announced before it spawns. It will spawn 10 seconds after the announcement and usually fills about half of your maximum. Wait for your teammates to get near you as they will gain the ammo as well! The Machine Gun is great for mowing down lots of enemies; no Primary Weapon can match it so you can go on a spree. The Rocket Launcher has the benefit of being a deadly and swift killer with the ability to defeat a group in a single shot. It has limited ammo however so you'll want to use it sparingly and don't be so stingy with it that you end up dying.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby fishki » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:43 pm

This will be my last rant on the balance issue.. was in crucible earlier playing some zones, had 2 players lower than me on my team 2 that were lvl 40, other team was all lvl 40, one of them swinging a fucking raze lighter.... we got our asses handed to us on a silver platter :flp:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:49 pm

Yeah, that thing in crucible does not quite make sense.
Drew

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:50 pm

I don't really see destiny as a pvp game though. Even if it was completely balanced. The maps and game modes are just not quite there for me.

But all pvp games have balance issues. Weather it be weapons or matchmaking. Or cause people quit at the start. There will always be balance issues.
Drew

Postby fishki » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Evidently there were major balance issues from the start, issues were to be resolved in the last patch, but I don't think bunjie is quite there yet. Personally I would just play PvE and leave the PvP alone except for the fact that some bounties require you to play PvP.

I'm sure there are some of the players that like the competitive nature of PvP, but that's not really why I purchased this game.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby nymphetomine » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:01 pm

All I was trying to say was that it doesn't matter if the gun you are using has 128 next to it or the same gun that has 320. As long as the rate if fire and impact are equal on bot guns they'll do the same damage. And fish, if you think otherwise that's fine too. We still like you :pick:

Drew, the double healthbar you asked about.
It's a "player shield" basically the second half of the healthbar. Everyone has it, even fish. Sometimes however, you'll see someone with a blue healthbar, this is an overhield. They get this from certain subclass perks. You'll also get an overshield if someone revives you.
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby fishki » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:58 pm

Its ok nymph, still love you :zm:

Even Bungie admitted it was unbalanced :haha:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby nymphetomine » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:03 am

Oh, don't get me wrong. Crucible is a horrible mess. And no dedicated servers... :yeh:
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby fishki » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:12 am

Nothing like a good MMOFPS zones game :suicide:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby nymphetomine » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:31 am

hahaha, true that! :con:
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:08 pm

I'm a bit confused on quests. If I finish a quest it just disappears? There seems to be no log of completed quests anywhere, is this correct?

I ask because I do not know where my path of the sunsinger quest has gone. I still have the void Walker one though. My sunsinger is not completely upgraded so I would still think it should be there right?
Drew

Destiny

Postby Drew » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:23 am

Nymph I read this is new, or at least that it tracks the fragments per each character individually now. Bungee.net/my legend/advisors. It unfortunately doesn't seem to track on the app though.

Drew

Postby Drew » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:39 pm

Did you guys know that skwirls can't climb tree's!
Drew

Re:

Postby fishki » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Drew wrote:Did you guys know that skwirls can't climb tree's!

hey now, i was trying :laugh2:
fishki
Site Admin

Destiny

Postby Drew » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Hey fish, Destiny 2 is free on Plus right now. Fyi

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Drew

Postby fishki » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:38 pm

I really need to start playing again, maybe I can get on this weekend :yeh:
fishki
Site Admin

Return to Destiny