Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Talk About Anything

DREW I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

Postby fishki » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:22 pm

My 2002 E46 M3, why my lights staying on on dash :bng:

I run rears at 46 and fronts at 35, and I dont carry a beach ball in my lap either :shck:

I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Re: DREW I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

Postby nymphetomine » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:58 am

It's telling you to stop blowing bubbles in your car.

J/k, might wanna take it to the shop. :nen:
"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby fishki » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:33 pm

lol, no, you avoid taking this car to a shop if possible, to damn expensive :ax:
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:29 pm

Sorry dude, I haven't checked here in awhile.

Do you still need help?

The top right is your tire pressure system light. The pic is a cross section of a tire with an exclamation point in it.

The lower light is your airbag light or SRS.

For srs:

I need codes, but you may get lucky and just have to unplug and plug back in the connector for whatever set the code and erase it... See if it comes back.

For tire pressure:

Do you know what the specs are for your tire pressure?

Do you need to reset the system everytime you change air pressure? Mercedes need to be reset everytime but other cars don't.

Guessing by the age of the car the batteries in your tire pressure sensors are probably shot. Or maybe one is broken? Did you recently get tires done?

You could always try and search the web and see if you can disable the system if you don't care about it. We used to be able to do that on the older cars. Today's cars are a bit harder and I haven't tried bit I think I could do it. Maybe BMW can be disabled?

I need more info to make real guess and without codes... I would never know for sure. Do you know of any independent shops tat could scan it for you?

Oh and why the hell are you not driving with a beach ball on your lap. That just not safe, do you need me to send you a new one?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Drew

Postby fishki » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:51 pm

Do you know what the specs are for your tire pressure?
No, I just inflate them to the pressures that have given me the best handling.

Do you need to reset the system everytime you change air pressure?
It never goes off even when I try to reset it.

Guessing by the age of the car the batteries in your tire pressure sensors are probably shot.
They have batteries? :shck:

Do you know of any independent shops tat could scan it for you?
Autozone, but it shows no codes for these, even tho my CEL is on sometimes, they clear it, but eventually it comes back on. Closest BMW is 150 miles.

Oh and why the hell are you not driving with a beach ball on your lap. That just not safe, do you need me to send you a new one?
I went to walmart and picked one up, I don't feel any safer cause now it blocks my vision somewhat.

Now that I think about it, I did have a flat fixed and saw something down there dangling by a wire, figured it was broke so I just let it dangle, actually forgot about it, have no idea what it is. Will take a pic of it later.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:50 pm

Well that could be the sensor pick up hanging down. And yeah it sounds like its just broke, but I think you should fix it instead of let it dangle... Lol really .. haha.

Auto zone probably just uses an OBD II scanner or what's called generic. It only scans emissions codes. They won't scan systems other then the engine. You can buy one that connects to phone if you want. Just search OBD and your phone type, iPhone or Android.

You may need to find someone that services BMW's for the srs and tpc codes.

Drew

Postby Drew » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:23 am

What happened to the pic?

Drew

Postby fishki » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:08 pm

I figured out it was my headlight leveler thingy :zm:

Nearest BMW dealer is 2 hours away, damn they are expensive :suicide:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:39 am

I bet they are cheaper then what I get to charge.. haha.

That sucks though man. I take it there are not many BMW owners near you.

No European independent shops around you at all?

Drew

Postby twistedblister » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:03 pm

hey drew hey fish.

glad you figured your thing out fish. i would have had nothing to offer on bikes. sorry.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby fishki » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:34 pm

No bimmers around here at all, just me and my ///M :zm:

its a car tb, my little zoom zoom :multi:

and my kid bought a miata, think he is gonna do the ls1 swap :bng:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:16 pm

Hey tb

A 16 years old with a ls1 miata. That's great.

Why couldn't I have one of those when I was a teen.. lol.

Drew

Postby twistedblister » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:34 pm

Hey drew. hope you doing goood

shows you what i know about cars

sounds like he will be rolling in style fish. congrats nemo.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby Drew » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:15 am

Any luck with this fish?
Drew

Postby fishki » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:03 pm

Nope, I can get it to clear but then it just comes back on. Maybe the easy fix is to just take out the bulbs for those lights.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:33 pm

Well that's one way, Fuck the tire pressure light but the srs might be nice to know the issue or if it's working right. Airbag systems are stupid, a one time contact fault will set the light and stay there until erased. Safety issue thing I guess.

So do your headlights point down or up? You said the lever thingy was hanging...

Xenon lights I assume?
Drew

Postby Drew » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:57 pm

Hey fish, this is how you can fix your car.

https://youtu.be/xcX5-5tDXAE
Drew

Postby fishki » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:07 pm

lol dayum :shck:

at least the golf club was well made :laugh2:

I am actually kinda pissed cause I gotz a chip in my paint :bng:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:46 am

Well hey I'd you need to change oil on your car I found a very instructional video that is specific to BMW's. Check it out.

https://youtu.be/PBbPwXAL790
Drew

Postby fishki » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:05 pm

well, i had to break down and drive 2 hours to the bimmer dealer, there was an airbag recall that needed done, it also seems the passenger seatbelt tensioner needs replaced, whatever the hell that does, and my tire pressure light came back on 30 minutes after leaving the dealer, but it needs to go back cause it seems my pinion seal is leaking also :bng:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:30 am

So they did the recall but the light was on for a seat belt tensioner? Did they erase the code?

Seat belt tensioners wind the seat belt up a little to put tension on the passenger before they get flung forward. It works pretty good. Rear seats usually suck the belt buckle down while front seats wind up the belt.

Stuff like that doesn't fail a lot. Usually it just old dirty contacts at the connector. We usually disconnect and reconnect a couple of times to clean the contacts and then erase the codes. Usually we won't sell something like that until the code comes back or it's current and we can't erase it. Do you know if they did anything or just clear it?

What did they do for your tire pressure? Just reset it? I bet the batteries are low or dead in your sensors. Sometimes it's hard to find a tech that knows the older systems as they can be harder to deal with. They take a long time to synch up so some techs think their OK cause the light didn't come back on right away... Hence your 30 minute drive before the light came on. I don't know what BMW uses but there should be a tool to read the signal off the sensor to see if it actually transmits. I am constantly teaching techs this on older cars... Sometimes even shop foreman... Seriously.. WTF. I've actually had come backs from experienced techs and I find all 4 sensors with dead batteries. I tell my service writer and they bring it back to that tech. Then that tech sends it back to the customer saying it needs to be driven farther... Holy fuck man it doesn't matter how long you drive it if the batteries are dead. OK end my little rant. I don't know if that's your problem but it's just an assumption due to the age of the car.

When you bring it back remind the service writer how far you have to drive to get there. And ask if they tested the sensors and if they test drove the car.

Pinion seal leaks? I'm assuming rear differential pinion? Are you going to fix it? If you have the time crawl under the car and look at the diff. See if it drips oil or if it's just sweating and collecting dirt. If it's just sweating and you don't drive the car much you can just top the oil off or have an oil change on it done. Saves you some cash. But if it's dripping and or you drive the car a lot then you may want to have it fixed.
Drew

Postby fishki » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:07 pm

The air bag light is still on, does the seat belt tensioner have something to do with this?

The windshield washer i have not put back in yet as I changed the hood to carbon fiber and the holes are to small, and the paint shop guys did not want to touch it cause I think I scared them when I told them not to fuck up my car or else.

I was thinking I had a bad rear dif bushings going out, thats why I had them check it, but i can get the replacements pretty cheap and rears already pressed in the mount plate, I was also thinking about going with solids.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-337-r ... 46-m3.aspx

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1333- ... hings.aspx

Also the price for the pinion seal is ridiculous, must be alot of labor, I am thinking for the cost just to replace my rear dif and keep my 3.62 ratio

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2052- ... tions.aspx

The parking brake works, it just has to be pulled up all the way, and then some :laugh2:

I am thinking of just changing out the entire brake system, but it is expensive :bng:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-106-s ... 46-m3.aspx

And when I lowered my baby I took out the fender liners but have new ones that I have yet to put in.

And I dont know wtf happened to my windshield :bng:

And I cannot find where that damn fuel tank vent is :suicide:

fishki
Site Admin

Postby nymphetomine » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:13 am

Seems like you're fucked. Better buy a bicycle :pick:
"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby fishki » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:54 am

nymphetomine wrote:Seems like you're fucked. Better buy a bicycle :pick:

buy me this :zm:
http://uncrate.com/p/2010/05/bmw-m-bike-xl.jpg
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:34 am

So, OK. Diffs are expensive. They average around 5-6 hours labor to pull one and reseal it. At my shop we are 190$ an hour .... So yeah. Can't speak on the diff you are looking at but the mount plate could be the way to go.

Fuel tank vent, or activated charcoal canister shut off valve, this thing will be next to your charcoal canister. Should be in the rear near the fuel tank. Follow the lines from the tank. I think yours in under the car but sometimes they sit in the wheel wells.

Google it, try charcoal shit off valve or something or just search for the canister.

Yes your seat belt tensioner is related to your airbag light. Honestly I would unplug it and plug it back in a couple of times (with the key off) then just have the codes cleared and see if it comes back.

Your parking brake may just need adjustment at the rear wheels. I bet the rear disc has an internal drum brake for the parking brake.... If so they need to be adjusted. Or if it's a caliper with a cable you may just need to adjust the cable tension. Both are cable systems but the adjustments vary.

Sounds like you have a project :?
Drew

Next

Return to Talk About Anything