Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Destiny

How to get Exotic Sword

How to get Exotic Sword

Postby fishki » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:19 pm

f0b2be570d1c00dbbd8339984a6019d8-650-80.jpg

To unlock the Exotic quest, level up your legendary sword completely - purchasing all of the upgrade nodes on the weapon's upgrade screen. When that's done, you need to infuse your sword beyond Light level 280. To do this, save up your higher level Rare (blue) Heavy weapons and infuse them into your sword. Once you meet those requirements, talk to Lord Shaxx (the Crucible Handler) in the Tower, and he'll present you with the Exotic quest.

Your first objective is to kill 50 major or ultra enemies (with a yellow health bar) and 25 Guardian in the Crucible using your sword. Run Heroic Strikes and jump into objective-based Crucible matches, then start slicing and dicing. Once you've finished your PvE and PvP killing sprees, return to Shaxx.

Next, you need to kill Ecthar, Sword of Oryx. To find him, drop into a Patrol mission in the Dreadnaught and head over to the Founts section of the map. You'll need to drop into the lower level and travel to the central hall, where you will find three Warden's Knights. In order to progress, you need to kill all three Knights within a few seconds of each other. The easiest way to do this is to whittle down their health, then finish them off with a Super ability (like the Titan's Hammer of Sol or the Warlock's Stormtrance). Kill the Knights in quick succession and continue through the now-unlocked door.

Next you'll face Ecthar, a Hive Knight with a white shield. The only way to damage his shield is to break it with your sword. Hack away, and don't forget about blocking his sword strikes. When you come out of your epic sword duel victorious, head back to the Tower and talk to Shaxx.

The Crucible Master will send you on a quest to collect materials from resource nodes, based on the sword element you chose; You'll also need to score some Arc, Solar, or Void ability kills. The Solar sword requires Helium Filaments from the Moon, the Void sword takes Relic Iron, and the Arc sword needs Spinmetal from the Cosmodrome. You'll need to farm 10 special materials (called Zeptocyte Cores for Arc, Solitron Flares for Solar, or Relic Crystals for Void) from the resource nodes (not the chests) on your respective planet. To farm the ability kills, replay the first section of the Siege of the Warmind mission. The hall before the large Omnigul room throws dozens of thrall at you. Kill them, die on purpose, rinse and repeat.

When that arduous task is over, talk to Lord Shaxx on Armsday better known as Wednesday. Shaxx will then give you a quest that requires you to complete a special version of the Sunless Cell strike. In it, you'll need to slay a specific Warden and the Strike's boss Alak Hul within 30 seconds of each other. Get them both down to low health, then unleash hell on your Warden, quickly transitioning to Alak Hul after the Warden falls. It has to be done in this order, or it won't work.

Now you're done! Head over to Shaxx and claim your new Exotic sword.
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:40 am

Nice, I need 1 more crucible kill to complete step one.

This sounds like a good objective for this weekend.
Drew

Re: How to get Exotic Sword

Postby Drew » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:01 pm

ok I finished my crucible. I killed the 3 knights and had my sword fight. for the knights you really have to kill them all within a few seconds. It took me a few tries before I could get the door to open. If you don't get it the knights will respawn in about the same time it takes your super to recharge. After you go through the door and get to the stairway, stay on the stairs and snipe the wizards and any add's you can. Then try to move around and kill remaining add's before attacking the sword knight guy. its not hard at all.

Now I have the second quest and need to search for my elements.

:gun:
Drew

Postby fishki » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:23 pm

I slept last nite.... :pick:
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby fishki » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:00 pm

Essential elements is total bullshit, those flares might be with the filaments, but highly doubtful. 3 fuckin hours of getting filaments only to get 1 stupid fuckin flare :bng:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby fishki » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:18 am

that was a bitch... 8 hours :ax:

try this drew
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:07 am

Uhm... The game has been patched since then. You get 2 spinmetal out of that method and then spawn moves. You get 2 more spinmetal out of a new nearby spawn. Then the spawn is no longer in that area. Even after spending a half hour in skywatch the spinmetel is gone.

Fuck that quest.
Drew

Postby fishki » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:16 pm

oops my bad, didn't even look how old that vid was, I was getting same locations for about 7 or 8 hits before it moved, then it just moved a little ways and then went back to original spawn, the problem at first was just finding the points, once those were found i just cruised a circuit around the map and kept picking them up, I only had 4 points that were on the road or real close by that I kept hitting, but damn, cruising circles around that map sucked ass.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:39 pm

Yeah I don't know for sure this was patched but I believe so since the above method doesn't even come close to working. Also all other spinmetal spawns I find work the same. It's lame if they did patch it due to farming but didn't ease up on the quest. It's not a hard thing to do just a bullshit time consumer.

Fuck 8 hours fish? I gathered over 30 damn spinmetal and only got 1 core.

I'll wait until I have a ghost upgraded and I'll try again I guess.
Drew

Postby Drew » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Also jester suggested finishing my ability kills first and then cores may come more frequent.
Drew

Postby Drew » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:28 am

So after 24 hours I went back to that spot in the video. No spinmetal. I found some around the corner.. it spawned twice and then disappeared. It moved and spawned twice and then disappeared. I then drove around earth and could not find any spinmetal all over the map. I had to go to an area I have not looked yet... The shore area whatever it is called. I did get 2 more cores Tho. But I have now just about cleared the map... Nothing respawns.

What a joke... Do I have to wait until weekly reset now?

Ghosts take forever to upgrade on patrol.... I went to crucible after and hour or so.
Drew

Postby fishki » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:03 pm

frustrating as fuck, but when you get that last one its like ... fuck yeah :yeh:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby fishki » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:30 pm

You are going outside the load points in the map correct? not just staying in one area. That way they respawn for you.

I also found it is better to be by yourself, not alot of other players in with you.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:10 pm

I traveled from each area and back last night all by myself. Almost no where had spin metal. Hell even after having the game off for 24 hours most of it did not respawn. Could only find it in an area I didn't go to the night before.
Drew

Postby Drew » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:16 am

Thanks again for helping me finish off the spinmetal fish. I feel the last 6 cores with you went faster then the first ONE with less spinmetal... Crazy.
Drew

Postby fishki » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:07 pm

I dont even think we spent an hour getting you cores, would have been nice if I had a tracker for helium when i was doing it :bng:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Oh I thought you did. I have a ghost for it though prob not upgraded.
Drew

Postby fishki » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:41 pm

nope only have trackers for spin and spirit
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:25 pm

Figures... Lol

I think the only one I have upgraded is for relic... But I can't remember if I kept that ghost.

I also only have like 115 spinmetal now... But I may have used some to upgrade stuff.
Drew

Return to Destiny