Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

What else ya got going?

Dragon Age II

Dragon Age II

Postby twistedblister » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Yeah. i been a bad boy. kind of .. ha.

any way QD review

i like its but its really very arcade / hack and slash compared to the RPG original.

more thoughts later when i have time.

Peace out. :2gs:
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Re: Dragon Age II

Postby DWOMT » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:08 am

I've never touched any of the Dragon Age games, but i've been tempted to. Especially since they're made by Bioware who also made Mass Effect 2 which is simply an awesome game that I can't put down on my PS3.
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
George S. Patton
DWOMT

Postby WHO_99 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:47 am

i played and beat it lol. loved the game. its not really a hardcore RPG though, more for a casual gamer, definitely not as imersive as the first one or a game like Elder Scrolls, but still enjoyable. One thing that was really cool is that they brought back a bunch of characters from the first one.

one thing that kinda bummed me out was that you only get to fight one high dragon unlike the first one where you fought 2. also i miss shale.
Ryan voted for me!!!

PSN: WHO_99
website rank - Thumbs Up Image (officially awarded to me by fish)
8/26/08 - 13 sniper kills made in 1 game
1st Lt. of the RRB ground pounder squadron
Tue Jan 20, 2009 - 0-22 in resistance 2 online lol
WHO_99
Thumbs Up
Thumbs Up

Postby twistedblister » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:26 pm

DWOMT wrote:I've never touched any of the Dragon Age games, but i've been tempted to. Especially since they're made by Bioware who also made Mass Effect 2 which is simply an awesome game that I can't put down on my PS3.

if you get tempted try the first one ( bonus you can proabaly get it cheap now )
i feel its the better game. i like the II one but its not on the same level as the first some how.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 pm

WHO_99 wrote:i played and beat it lol. loved the game. its not really a hardcore RPG though, more for a casual gamer, definitely not as imersive as the first one or a game like Elder Scrolls, but still enjoyable. One thing that was really cool is that they brought back a bunch of characters from the first one.

one thing that kinda bummed me out was that you only get to fight one high dragon unlike the first one where you fought 2. also i miss shale.

shale was a sweetie. i miss him / her too Who. the geust apearances of the DAI game is a nice touch. i like the II game but yes you nailed it its not a hardcore RPG like the first. the dwarf rock creature battle when you had to figure out the pattern to win. that was very mcuh action rpg not really rpg like the first game.

i have not beat it yet but am moving slow as i am supposed to be studying. did some work tongiht so i am going to play for a 1/2 hour :-) yeahhhh
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby TwistedSystem » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:57 am

Yeah I haven't touched this game but I was told that they made it more if an actiona style game to try and draw in a larger audience, too bad because the gameplay in the first one was fun.
TwistedSystem

Postby gabrile23 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:16 pm

I tried the demo and thought it was good. It is very action oriented but their is some stratgy to it from what I saw. I never played the first dragon age so I can't really compare them. I would'nt buy this at release but maybe a few months from now when the price drops I will.
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:10 pm

TwistedSystem wrote:Yeah I haven't touched this game but I was told that they made it more if an actiona style game to try and draw in a larger audience, too bad because the gameplay in the first one was fun.

Dude. hey man hope you been well.

Yeah it is much more action rpg but its still a solid rpg and well if sometimes predictable but over all still good. the first one felt more like it mattered which spell you would use and how you equiped your characters and who got what armor and wepons.

i am not upset that i bought it but just sad it was not more like the first. still i am happy i picked it up.

GABE. if you can find it and i am not sure if the first one is out for the ps3 or not. you can probably get it dirt cheap. its challangeing and long...loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng be prepared to go howard hughes.

and yeah if you see the sequel in the bargin bin. grab it.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby WHO_99 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:14 am

thats one things i loooooved about the first one. it was crazy long, this one i beat in under a week and finished almost every mission....i think.
another thing i liked about the first was that there was TONS of dialogue with your party members and they were all right here. in this you can only talk to them every once in a while and you have to travel every which way to do so.

and your'e right tb, every time you make a decision in the first one you feel like its going to change something lol. i had five save slots during my missions so i wouldn't miss out, mess up, or skip something lol
Ryan voted for me!!!

PSN: WHO_99
website rank - Thumbs Up Image (officially awarded to me by fish)
8/26/08 - 13 sniper kills made in 1 game
1st Lt. of the RRB ground pounder squadron
Tue Jan 20, 2009 - 0-22 in resistance 2 online lol
WHO_99
Thumbs Up
Thumbs Up

Postby twistedblister » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:19 pm

WHO_99 wrote:TONS of dialogue with your party members and they were all right here. in this you can only talk to them every once in a while and you have to travel every which way to do so.

yeah thats kind of silly. hey get ready to talk but first enjoy the load screen
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

WHO_99 wrote: i had five save slots during my missions so i wouldn't miss out, mess up, or skip something lol

ha. i did not save that many backups but i had one in case i did somthing that really did not reflect my choice when i chose it. say the diouloge sounded nice but when you chose it you got the evil action . thanks ambiguity;. ha.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Return to What else ya got going?