Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

What else ya got going?

Ratchet and Clank ( Original PS2)

Ratchet and Clank ( Original PS2)

Postby twistedblister » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:12 pm

I picked a copy up a few months back. I had never played it. but i had played the ps3 games and loved those. its sort of like a demo / promo / early version and the ps3 games are the final version to me. Rachets a bit of a dick. and the puzzles can be fun and the challanges are fun and then out of nowhwere difficulty xtreme for no reason. it got me so angry i almost had a stroke. kidding but not realy i have lost half the use of mmmmmmmmmmmmmbrrrrrrrahiiiiiiiiiiin kiddng X2 srokes suck kids dont huff on glue or gas. any way its neat to see the games origins but camera problems and really say ambitious type of game with elements that would become great in later incarnations. still worth finding and checking out if you can get a copy
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Re: Ratchet and Clank ( Original PS2)

Postby Drew » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:26 pm

ratchet fan here! or I used to be. The latest games on the ps3 are just too easy, even for my wife that doesn't game much.

I still think going commando is the best of the series.

which game did you pick up? the original original, or one of the other ps2 versions.

going commando and up your arsenal were my favorites. I miss the hovercraft races from going commando. and yeah the challenges seemed much harder to me too.
Drew

Postby fishki » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:57 pm

i never got into r an c :(
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby twistedblister » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:42 pm

its the Ratchet and Clank thats the title its the PS2 one. was there a ps1 R and C ?
i might have to search that out.

Yeah this ps2 one makes the other ps3 ones really really seem too easy but i like that in a way. it nice not to upset a house hold with violent turrets like outbursts becase the game is just to frekaing difficult for the sake of difficulty.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby Drew » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:58 pm

no there was no R&C on ps1. the first was just called ratchet and clank, all the sequels have an extended title. R&C: going commando was the second. the new ones do have awesome graphics. man I still need to finish a crack in time.

yeah I know, sometimes games can be too hard and going commando was almost too hard. but it was a good one. felt really good to finish that game. I liked how weapons really felt critical and I would run the battles arenas over and over.. lol.

there was like 3 or 4 R&C's for the ps2. I think going commando was the best seller of the bunch. and I think it was sold bundled with the ps2 as well. I remember there was hype that when going commando came out it was the largest platform game ever or something

I didn't play the first one until after the ps3 game came out. rented it to just to see, it felt very different to me. graphics and voices that is. kinda felt like watching the simpsons on the Tracey Ullman show.

this is coming
http://www.insomniacgames.com/games/ratchet_clank/
Drew

Postby gabrile23 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:52 am

I am a big fan of the R&C series. Ive played them as they came out over the years. The last two wer're too easy like Drew said. Their was somthing mising but I still enjoyed the games. I really didn't like the small planets and the space ship fighting parts of crack in time.
What I really like about was the weapons, humor and even quirk its just a great game series and I will keep playing the games as long as they make them.

The first time I fired the RYNO I was hooked lol Rip YOU a NEW One oh and it does.
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Ha yeah its deffinitely got a new kid on the voice block drew. and yeah its really dated its cool to see how far they have come to the ps3 versions. i have not played any of the other ps2 ones so i will look them up thanks.

the easy hard thing ( gabae and drew) is a very thin line to me. i want to be challanged but i am not kidding i will blow my freaking top and chase people and animals away from my house. i am almost stroke level of frustration. that just i have to sometimes just quit playing. yeah i did not like the mini planets of crack in time either gabe i liked the main levels with bots to kill and tons of fun guns to do it with. i have not yet gotten the Rhino but that salesmen wiht rip you a new one was funny.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Return to What else ya got going?