Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

What else ya got going?

You Dont Know Jack

You Dont Know Jack

Postby twistedblister » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:49 pm

OK for those of you who have not had the pirvalge. its hopefuly old school very old school Pentium 3 old school. that was the charm of it the quick questions and the games humor. it was never online multiplayer so this will be interesting to see if they get that done well while keeping the escence right. I am hopeful but if i have to i can dig out very old pc software and stroll down old folks lane.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Re: You Dont Know Jack

Postby pineapple7811 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:42 pm

i remember that game!! what are they making another one or something?
i tried to load some old pc games i had on to my laptop a while back but none of them worked
pineapple7811

Postby gabrile23 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:43 pm

I remember taking to you about this game not to long ago TB. Im glad to see their bringing it back.
I heard about this a couple of days ago but I forgot to post about it. Oh well you took care of it.
Anyway trailer for you guys who don't know what we're taking about.

gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:19 pm

That is correct Pine and Gabe

thanks for the trailer gabe.

Yeah they are trying to bring YDKJ to the consoles. from what i read its been handled pretty well. I will pick this up. 10 minute rounds. perfect for quick fire silly based fun. no button mashing here to ape your opponents choices. you pick the right one quickly or lose points. how crazy is it that i love graphics but really was hoping this would be a text based game.
:-)

i kinda borrowed this from anohter site

:

You Don't Know Jack returns in a package that finally brings the game onto the current generation of consoles, without losing any of the irreverence that originally made it a hit. With solo, and multiplayer (online and off) options, it's a fun title to stick in when you're not grinding away in Fallout or fragging people in Black Ops.

The Pros
Hilarious voiceover
Wide range of questions
Makes meaningless trivia fun
The Cons
Gibberish questions are very missed
Answers not randomized
You Don't Know Jack Review:

You Don’t Know Jack returns in a package that finally brings the game onto the current generation of consoles, without losing any of the irreverence that originally made it a hit. With solo, and multiplayer (online and off) options, it’s a fun title to stick in when you’re not grinding away in Fallout or fragging people in Black Ops.

Jack Is Back

I’d like to think that I can say, with at least some dignity, that I do, indeed, know Jack. You Don’t Know Jack was the reason the main reason that I didn’t get a lot of work done back in the late '90s. As part of the CD-ROM gaming boom, the Berkeley Group and Jellyvision released over 19 different Jack titles, and that’s not including all of the compilations they also put out. There were sports packs, movie packs, and they even put together a television show hosted by Paul Reubens.

But, it finally flamed out, and faded into relative obscurity. There was an online beta version up briefly, giving hope to scads of YDKJ fans everywhere, but when that failed to become a full-fledged version of the show, I had little hope that we’d see this unique trivia game again. Luckily, I was wrong, and last year THQ announced that Jack would not only be returning to PCs (sadly, there’s no Mac version yet) but it would invading next-gen consoles and the Nintendo DS as well. While this wasn’t the game’s first trip onto consoles (there was a PlayStation version), it was the first time it had this much oomph behind it.

This is an advertisement - This story continues below

You’re Not The Star

So what is You Don’t Know Jack? In a nutshell, it’s a trivia game. You can play solo or with up to four other players (only two on the Nintendo DS) online or off. Right answers get you dollars, and wrong answers make you lose them. It’s very possible to end up with a negative score in YDKJ, and in fact there’s an achievement for ending up with negative one million dollars. More on how to nail that sucker in a minute.

So far, it sounds pretty standard, right? Well, Jack’s real strength lies in Cookie Masterson, the innuendo-driven, pun-loving, unseen announcer who asks all the questions and lets you know if you were right or wrong, usually in very embarrassing ways. He’s the one who will follow-up the question about “How many Earths can fit inside the volume of Uranus” by telling you that you can get even more in there...if you relax.

Without Cookie, this game would quickly be just another forgettable trivia game. Thankfully, Cookie is what makes this so great, and he’s all over it. In fact, the irreverent behavior extends off the game and into both the opening credits, and the closing credits. You’ll hear hilarious fake commercials and more, and there’s a cheevo for listening to the closing credits all the way through.

Button Masher

You Don’t Know Jack plays like this: Cookie introduces the question with a tongue in cheek clue, and then presents four multiple-choice answers. The four buttons on your controller correspond to the answers on-screen. Choose correctly, and you get cash, otherwise, you start digging a hole. From time to time, questions will deviate from the norm. You might leave the studio to look in a trash bin, or play “Who’s The Dummy?” with Cookie and his terrible ventriloquist skills.

Breaking up the 10 questions per episode (and there are 73 episodes that come with the game), are DisOrDat questions, where you have to decide if an answer is a McDonald’s Slogan, or a Barry White song, for example. Only one player takes this (the player in last place), although other players can steal correct answers if they hit the right answer before the other player answers and gets it wrong.

You’ll also get some “hardware” from Cookie, in the form of a screw. Once per game, you can pull one of your triggers to screw another player (of your choosing) which means they’ll have 5 seconds to guess the correct answer. If they don’t do it, they get screwed and lose the cash. But if they answer right, you become the screwee, and your balance heads south.

Like the games before it, the final round is a Jack Attack, meaning that a word will float towards you onscreen, while other words flutter by. The key here, like they tell you, is “Remember the Clue”. Recently a game we played had the clue “The Hair Up There,” and you had to identify things with their hair. Straw for scarecrow, yarn for Cabbage Patch Kid, and so on. Answer correct and get $4,000, but answer wrong and lose $4,000. And the trick here is, you can answer wrong as many times as you want. So if you want that negative million achievement, you’ll have to hammer a button over and over like a jackhammer to do it.

What’s The Difference?

What’s really missing here was one of my favorite parts of the older game was the FLICKERPISS NOSESCUM, better known as Gibberish Questions. You’d have to figure out a bizarre clue, usually scrambled up in gibberish, and then type out your answer. Obviously, you can’t do that without a keyboard, but there were some hilarious entries there. The “Who’s The Dummy” tries to ape that gibberish a bit, with the Dummy speaking terribly due to Cookie’s bad ventrilo-skills, and they type it on the screen just like he says it.

To combat that, they’ve also added a “Wrong Question Of The Day” event, that is always sponsored by a bizarre, made-up company, like Fistable Bowling equipment. If you spot a wrong answer that matches up with the sponsor, choose it to receive extra bonus cash. Someone can still guess the correct answer and score, but the right “wrong” answer will net you $8,000.

With multiplayer online, the short timer for each question means you won’t have to wait long if you land someone who is dead at the stick. If someone leaves, you’ll be playing against yourself, and you can turn it into a solo game. Luckily there’s no verbal portion to the game, so you won’t need chat unless you’re a sadist who enjoys being called every name in the book on Xbox LIVE.

It would be nice if the game offered up some more twists on the classic, especially with online gaming dominating the video game world. Instead of 1 vs. 100, this is a game I’d love to see done live, complete with on the spot Cookie ad-libbing. Or with some avatar integration. Players aren’t seen, other than their point scores, but perhaps that clean style is what makes each round move along so quickly.

Also, unfortunately, they don’t mix up where the answers are wherein you play the same episode again, which cuts down on the replay factor.

Cookie-lusion

Cookie’s delivery and the extreme sexual innuendo make this a fun party game, or a way to fill your brain with trivia if you’re playing alone. With 730 questions, and four bonus content packs coming via DLC later, the game has legs.

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/6458 ... z1DQLZQGKy
:
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:40 pm

ign reviewer just gave it an 8.5 :-) sweeeeeeeeet. sounds like all the silliness is in tact.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:07 pm

got mine. if anyone is up for some triva crazy fun time galore chicken head potato chocolate radiation let me know

I have to work this Saturday so my only free time is this Sunday :-(
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby gabrile23 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Cool just looked on amazon ands its only $34.00. It's nice they made it so cheap. I guess im getting a new game.
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Yeah its a great game. its really as funny and tough ( tougher really ) as i remmeber it. I could do with out the ventrilequist routine but meh its a few seconds out of my life i can give up.

MY ONLY PROBLEM IS MY FREAKING AWFUL NETWORK CONNECTION. I AM .... lots of freaking unpleasent words to follow
---->spoiler<----
its fucking absolutely retarded. n what the fuck AT&T. if i could punch MA Bell in her fcuking over gorged fat monopolistic fucking Teeet and abort your dictating fucking jerk ass i would. anyone for a ass load of sprint. no thanks just ram that fucking pin right up my goddamm urethra. WTHJFC ass monkey dildos. that tirbe that has never seen modern society probably has a better connection then me. i am hitting buttons and a few seconds later i see a response. I am so fucking tempted to cancel my internet connection and just fucking hate life and yeall at every fucking person i see for the rest of my shity fucking worthless life its ridiculoous. Do i have to live in a fucking cardboard box outside the phone companys main truck just to get a 15k connection? eat my fucking ass hate you spineless shit eating worthless ass packages.
seriously its ridiclulous how slow my connection can be. fucking text based button games. and lag. OMFBJG kill me now.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby gabrile23 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:16 am

Just got it today! Did'nt have time to play today but ill try it tomorrow.
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:20 pm

cool let me know when you try it. i will paly you and everyone else online but the final round is bandwidth unfair to me. i will lose becase of that but its still fun. its really good for me locally but I have to hold people hostage almost to get them to paly :( does not make for a joly crowd

hey i have to work on somthing in the morning but i will be available after noon ish central time post here and let me know when you going to play
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby gabrile23 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:28 pm

I wish your internet worked better TB. I like playing online but even I have lag problems that make me want to scream bads works at the screen. Even if it does'nt help it makes me feel better lol.
gabrile23

Postby legendary-pirate » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:27 pm

There is also a tv show on HBO called "You don't know Jack." Thought that's what this was about lol. I have only seen a bit of the show
legendary-pirate

Postby twistedblister » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:02 pm

funny LP bet you thought somthing was wrong with the forum links. ha. this is a funny / fun game if you like triva.

Thanks gabe yeah nasty words can be a release valve sometimes. hey i will be around to play to day and i will check in freqently to see if your online.

EDIT
Gabe. i have to do somthing about 5 pm 6pm your time. It should not take all night but i will be around inbetween 3:30 and then after in the evening if you want to try to play online. dont wait for me if you have to work or have other stuff going on. the quick join works ok. i will be around tonight. it would be nice to play against some of the WH peeps though.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Hey stuck working on PC issues probably wont be able to play tonight.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:23 pm

screwed by MS ugh. i might jump online sometime tonight gabe but to be honest i have a head ache now so might veg in front of the tv
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby pineapple7811 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:01 pm

so the psn downtime gave me some time to try out all of these demos i never get around to trying out...i gotta say.. this game brought back so many good memories! haha! i gotta get this! i think they did a great job at bringin it back
pineapple7811

Postby twistedblister » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:16 pm

I.really like this. The demo probably gave you a great idea about how the game is. Some extra stuff does not feel a 100% right but yeah pine its awesome to play ydlj again if you get ot let us know Gabe or I will probably be up for games

taptalk jugernaut
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Return to What else ya got going?