Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

What else ya got going?

ModNation vs Red Dead Redemption

ModNation vs Red Dead Redemption

Postby krazykat » Wed May 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Ok, first let me state, I probably misspelled one of the games I am going to talk about in the title.

This is a tough choice for me.
I see IGN gave Modnation a 9/10 and the game in general seems to be kicking butt. It looks awesome I played a day of the beta before my ps3 died and the track creation seemed enjoyable and load times long (I heard they were shortened), but overall a good experience.

Then on the other side I see...

Red Dead Redemption.
It is a plain fact after my ongoing love affair with warhawk, we have produced several offsprings that I have loved (gun wise). BFBC2, BFBC, and MW1. I love gun games and old west. The idea of shooting about in my favorite period of time in history seems thrilling.

My racing collection is zero.
My gun games are numerous.

I love racing.
I love guns.

Which should I buy?
krazykat

Re: ModNation vs Red Dead Redemption

Postby Noodlez » Wed May 12, 2010 9:56 pm

im getting red dead...and 3d dot game heroes!!!..modnation can wait...its not a must by...i want a real racing game im done with kiddy arcade and kart racin crap...gran turismo needs to get here...NOW!!!!!
Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, he hands the innkeeper 3 nails and he asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby krazykat » Wed May 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Noodlez wrote:im getting red dead...and 3d dot game heroes!!!..modnation can wait...its not a must by...i want a real racing game im done with kiddy arcade and kart racin crap...gran turismo needs to get here...NOW!!!!!

3D Dot heroes looks amazing. Unfortunately my wallet (A sad collection of small bills) Cannot support the game too. I was greatly dissapointed that it was not a psp title. I understand that it probably required ps3 energy, but I think they could have made a much bigger profit putting it on the psp.

Did you hear about the new gran torismo tracks? At some German place.
krazykat

Postby Noodlez » Thu May 13, 2010 1:22 am

yes!!!!!!!!!!! german tracks FTW!!!!!!!!..i am disappointed about one thing...over 1000 cars and only 60 tracks -_-..like come on break 100 at least...got me waiting years for 60 tracks...which is really just 30...and then...other variations..ughh its w.e i jus really want it here already im tired of waiting!!!!

as for 3d dot...it isnt a full priced game..its only 40 bux which i think is fair and the psp isnt really a good selling platform so im glad its on the ps3
Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, he hands the innkeeper 3 nails and he asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Thu May 13, 2010 10:23 am

I'll be getting both, and SMG2 and 3D.

As for which to get get whichever you think you want to play now. The games are completely different.

The thing about ModNation is it comes out the same time as Blur and Split Second. I may end up having to get those too.
MichaelVash7886

Postby krazykat » Thu May 13, 2010 3:42 pm

I expect a full review Vash
True noodz, it's a shame that the psp can't sell more.
krazykat

Postby tekkentool » Thu May 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Noodlez wrote:im getting red dead...and 3d dot game heroes!!!..modnation can wait...its not a must by...i want a real racing game im done with kiddy arcade and kart racin crap...gran turismo needs to get here...NOW!!!!!

i'm more interested in trackmania 2.

Actually this whole resurgence of user made content in a way pisses me off, because all the developers and companies etc keep acting like it's a new concept. we've been getting level editors for FPS games since the mid 90's. how is user made content "the future"?
sorry i can't brain today, i have the dumb
tekkentool

Postby Noodlez » Thu May 13, 2010 3:52 pm

tek you bring up a good point...the thing is..this is new for consoles...and pc gaming is left behind for the most hardcore of the hardcore...a bunch of people didnt even know this was possible although its been done for years on unreal tournament and other stuff...it is sad...but then again ever since the wii came the industry has gone to hell -_-
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Since the Wii came out we've seen games like COD4, Uncharted 2, RDR soon, and many other great games. In fact, why even bring the Wii up? It wasn't even involved.

As for user created content, part of it is the difficulty of creating maps in PC games. While I know the basics of Source SDK, it's nothing like creating a level in LBP or a track in ModNation Racers.

Making maps was a very niche thing. While it's not "new" it's new as a mainstream game feature.
MichaelVash7886

Postby tekkentool » Thu May 13, 2010 5:33 pm

MichaelVash7886 wrote:Since the Wii came out we've seen games like COD4, Uncharted 2, RDR soon, and many other great games. In fact, why even bring the Wii up? It wasn't even involved.

As for user created content, part of it is the difficulty of creating maps in PC games. While I know the basics of Source SDK, it's nothing like creating a level in LBP or a track in ModNation Racers.

Making maps was a very niche thing. While it's not "new" it's new as a mainstream game feature.

true, i still prefer the complete flexibility allowed by the unreal editor or the source SDK.
but i try and stick away from the source SDK, really don't like hammer.
tekkentool

Postby twistedblister » Fri May 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Mod nation :-)
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby krazykat » Mon May 17, 2010 7:29 pm

I think I've decided on getting RDR after I saw the online portion on the IGN review.
krazykat

Postby twistedblister » Mon May 17, 2010 8:36 pm

I have flip floped. RDR for the win :-) que the sergio leone music :-) ;vil:
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby Noodlez » Mon May 17, 2010 10:50 pm

You also forget that since the wii came out the main focus now is to please the casual audience -_-
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:44 pm

That's always been the goal haha, don't you remember how many terrible games PS2 had.
MichaelVash7886

Postby DWOMT » Wed May 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Time to six shoot all of you in Red Dead Redemption. bwhahahaha :2gs:
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
George S. Patton
DWOMT

Postby twistedblister » Wed May 19, 2010 7:41 pm

DW

:-O
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby krazykat » Thu May 20, 2010 5:17 pm

twistedblister wrote:DW

:-O

:-0 I'm in the same boat! Nice to see you here DW!

I'm already lvl 15!
krazykat

Postby tekkentool » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:16 am

Okay, super late to the party i know, but i finally got the modnations demo, and holy crap wow. It's an intravenous injection of fun. i was actually smiling as i was making mods and vehicles and little guys. i take back my comments about user made content earlier, it really is insanely easy and fun to make tracks in this. Something i can't say of any maps i've made with dedicated editors. Unfortunately i'm out of cash atm and can't be fucked getting another job in the near future. So maybe it'll have to wait, been having a blast with the demo though. The Driving model is great, a bit faster and slicker than mario kart with added strategy.
tekkentool

Postby krazykat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:58 pm

I loved the demo when I played it too... I was kind of upset that I bought RDR. But now i'm lvl26 and it's still fun to hop in a posse with some guys on my FL.
krazykat

Return to What else ya got going?