Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

What else ya got going?

Deadly Premonition < 360

Deadly Premonition < 360

Postby twistedblister » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Ok if you dont know about this game you are like me. or like i was until i found out.

fan of the bizzare then this might be up your alley. i don think i can do it justice and i have not gotten my copy yet but check this roundtable disscussion about it at the end of the show.

they are all on the same page so its the one with the title
from the 27th of April
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/tag/5635/Feedback.html
that is the link to the page with the show.

man and i love xplay. wow this kicks its ass in certain regards.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Re: Deadly Premonition < 360

Postby tekkentool » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:24 am

I get so sick of people going on and on about cod6. like it's the only fucking FPS in existence.

They're fucking stupid. yes i don't own MWF2, i get that it's all you care about. No i don't care that i don't play it. god they piss me off. Now i don't feel like i can buy it without being one of THEM
sorry i can't brain today, i have the dumb
tekkentool

Postby twistedblister » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:45 pm

damn. sorry TT. yeah you focoused in on what is big news in the game industry. the only portion of that show i was pushing was the section about Deadly Premonition.

sorry they pissed you off but hey i stand by the show. I like sesslers senseabliities and yeah it was a nerd smack down so sorry it touched on a subject your sensitive too. i would ask you to give the show another chance but dont do it for me. i really dug the show.

I am not a huge Twin peaks fan but the werid stuff like the dog with the key you cant get and having to smoke to pass time and running out of gas and the death sequences you unintentionally initiate while investigating. likening this game to army of darkness sold me right away. i have my copy but i probably wont play tonight. other stuff going on.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby tekkentool » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:10 pm

oh no i'm talking about the show guys. just people at school.

who are all.

COD6

COD6

COD6

COD6

etc.
sorry i can't brain today, i have the dumb
tekkentool

Postby gabrile23 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:53 pm

I watched the whole thing TB. Im not a fan of COD ethier but its a good game and infinty ward deserves better treatment by activision. They made they them a boat load of money and I think ppl know that Infinty ward is modern warfare and without them its world a war.
Ok now Deadly Premonition wow I really want to play this game. I didn't get some of the references like "twin peaks". sounds familiar but I don't think I ever saw it.
Anyway this game seems right up your ally TB. Lots of pop culture stuff and a weird plot yeah sounds good too me.
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Cool TT thanks for helping me understnad where you were coming from with your reaction. Ok. well i have actually enjoyed the Mod Warfare games for the most part through the different development teams that have headed the differing releases.
could i name each one ? no. is one dev house sometimes touted as near to god like and then shows its human frailty ID fell a few times. and you have extremeist quake fans or did for a long time. i liked quake and wolf and haxen but they are just the creators could someone have followed behind ID and pushed out a viaable sequal? possibly. is Cod 6 perfect and should we all just play that. NO. did they do a good job with a solid franchise and prodcue a quality game? yeah sure.

Fook Um Tek. rabid fans are just that rabid. dont let them bite you but that does not mean they might not be having fun palying a game. meh. Just a far outside reacttion to your post. probably a lot more going on then i am aware of.

Gabe. I agree and dissagree. sure they designed a serviceable sequal. players seem to love it. i will probably play it one day. Were tehy unfairly treated? possibly. i have no real understanding aobut what is going on in that suit except what i got out of the show. if i had to create a squel to see my present earnings yeah i would be pissed but what a problem to be seated with. dealing with large amounts of money and banks and corporations is spooky to be sure. IDK. if they signed the contract and they are suing now that they dont agree wiht the contract. i call that a bad business decision or just plain deal with the devil type thing.

OK. i was never a huge twin peaks fan. it was a david lynch tv drama about a fbi agent on a case in a small town. lots of crazy bacwards talking characters in dreams and other crazziness. david lynch did erasser head. which. IDK you might want to suffer through it. rent it and just react is all i can advise on erasser head.
twin peaks was a much more straight forward bit of weridness. david lynch aslo directed blue velvet which is one of my favorite peices by him. good twisted bit of detective stuff. ok i had to look this up. he did wild at heart too. I won tickets to see that as a teen :-) good memories. i thoughti was going to have to suffer through a love story and then a vicious beating to thrash metal and the night was just fablous.

i am actually now just typing this going to put the twin peaks in my netlfix que. i have peeked my own intrest. :-) backwards talking on fire midgets here i come :-)
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby gabrile23 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:37 pm

I agree with you TB. If their was contract that they sigined they can't complain too much if activision was following the contract. If their wern't thats for a court to decided. I just hate when ppl don't get what they deserve. What they make off of MW2 and how little they gave infinity ward dosen't seem right. But thats just my opinion.
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Sun May 02, 2010 10:58 am

hey man every opinion is just another way to look at things and is always welcome.

IMPORTANT.
IDK how many of you are motivated by my post to try this game but be aware. the contorls while mentioned in that video roundtalble are less then fuctional. i would say frustrating. so only in partially to the first chapter and the combat / movement is driving me nuts. i am trying to accept it as the satire of bad game control but its tough. the imagery and references to twin peaks are dead on as much as i know about twin peaks. the inital experaince was funny spooky.

agian. the controls are frustrating but they did warn me.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Sun May 09, 2010 10:17 pm

damn i was strating to get hooked on this game. a simple find the key quest turned into 6 lesser known facts about squierrls. too funny. the sherrif pumping dumbells in his office very very strange. americans acting like japanese people and really stiff movement. all starting to hook me when

blamo

my freaking xbox kills the disc and its got 3 fractures spreading out from the center.

i never move my box and i dont play the xbox alot. freaking sucks i never buy game insurance. crappy disc is my guess a warning to any interested peopele out there.

i am going to watch cartoons :-|
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Mon May 10, 2010 9:57 pm

it was only 19 bucks so i ordered anohter copy. crazy how a game gets under your skin
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Return to What else ya got going?