Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Board index Playstation 3 Reviews

Reviews

inFAMOUS 2 review

inFAMOUS 2 review

Postby gabrile23 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:35 am

I was really looking forward to playing this game. The first game was really well done. You feel as if you are becoming a comic book hero or antihero depending on your choices. I also enjoyed the story of the first game and wanted to see where things would go.

Unfortunately, thing didn't go as well as I thought they would.

Grapics
Really well done. Some of the NPCs look very weird but its so random its funny. There where some random glitchs now and then but nothing major.

Gameplay
They did a great job making the diffrent abilities more accessible. At any time you can hit left on the d-pad and change your abilities to any other one that you've learned.
There are some great skills you learn thoughout the game and some not so useful. Some cost to much to use and aren't realy worth the cost of using. It seems that it takes alot to kill smaller enemy with regular attacks. You never feel really strong in the game.
Climbing can still be a chore and you never grab what you want to grab. An exmple would be the rails on the sides of the biuldings that make you jump up to the top. When you try to jump right you end up grabbing the building instead. It's a small annoyance but it still bugs me. Finally I find some of the bigger enemies annoying to fight and you ending up fighting them a lot towards the end of the game. There is not much varity with eneimes.

Story.
I'm going to try not to spoil it much for you, but I was disapointed in the story. There was not much of a story as I would have wanted, the only really well devolped characters where the ones from the first game. I never felt anything for the new girls accpet annoyance. There where a few funny moments between cole and zeke. You also spend most of the game waiting for something to happen and when it does its anticlimactic.

Final thought.
If this was not sequel maybe I wouldn't be so harsh on it. But it was and I was expecting alot more. It was to short and lacked a solid story to keep me intrestead.

All it gets is a 7 out 10.
gabrile23

Re: inFAMOUS 2 review

Postby twistedblister » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:48 pm

nicely done gabe.

I loved the first game but yeah some of the jumps and grabs adn slides could piss you off. I loved the first story arc. sorry this fails to live up to its predecessor. I may wind up picking this up one day. I am kind of angry with gaming right now. I really am looking forward to the next oblivian game. I am playnig back through fallout. not sure if i can stomach Borderlands after losing all my levels. fallout breaks the fighting with some fun story. sorry this was an awesome review and my mind wandered. way to go gabe.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Re: inFAMOUS 2 review

Postby gabrile23 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:11 pm

thanks TB.
Reading it now I wish I had put some more detail in here and there. But it's ok I just was dissapointed in the game and wanted to vent.
gabrile23

Return to Reviews