:o

Board index Playstation 3 Reviews

Reviews

Borderlands in porgress

Borderlands in porgress

Postby twistedblister » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:59 am

short and sweet.

I am loving it but have some gripes

OK qick explanation its a FPS with RPG wepon gathering / stats building components and has online CoOp as i can figure but not online DM's or team games

Single player is awesome massive worlds but some ennemy encounters seem unblanced. why can i only shoot certain wepons at certain levels. why cant i horde
guns to test them at my lesiure.

ok again work in progress here but
if you lIke FPS and exploring and doing quests and the like you will be happy playing. this. if you like online DMS and team based play not much for you here.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Re: Borderlands in porgress

Postby fishki » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:05 pm

I was thinking of getting this
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Noodlez » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:58 pm

:bng: ughhh i want my ps3 backk!!! i envy u guys so muchhh i relly wanna play this already!!!!!....i dont think im touching any of my games once i finally play this lol
Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, he hands the innkeeper 3 nails and he asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby krazykat » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:05 pm

fishki wrote:I was thinking of getting this

I suggest a rent. Haven't played it myself, but idk It just looks like one of those you hate em or you love em.
krazykat

Postby WHO_99 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:47 pm

twistedblister wrote:short and sweet.

I am loving it but have some gripes

OK qick explanation its a FPS with RPG wepon gathering / stats building components and has online CoOp as i can figure but not online DM's or team games

Single player is awesome massive worlds but some ennemy encounters seem unblanced. why can i only shoot certain wepons at certain levels. why cant i horde
guns to test them at my lesiure.

ok again work in progress here but
if you lIke FPS and exploring and doing quests and the like you will be happy playing. this. if you like online DMS and team based play not much for you here.

i can understand the whole gun thing, but i wish they would give you a house or something and let you have a storage system there. I keep getting sweet guns, but i have to drop them to pick up nessessities.

and lately i'm finding the skags annoying, running them over in my car helps though
Ryan voted for me!!!

PSN: WHO_99
website rank - Thumbs Up Image (officially awarded to me by fish)
8/26/08 - 13 sniper kills made in 1 game
1st Lt. of the RRB ground pounder squadron
Tue Jan 20, 2009 - 0-22 in resistance 2 online lol
WHO_99
Thumbs Up
Thumbs Up

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:58 pm

You get more storage as the game goes on. Right now I got a bunch of stupid pistols to sell so I have no problem with inventory.
MichaelVash7886

Postby WHO_99 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:54 pm

when we play again i can give you guys some pretty good guns. i've saved a few up and just get rid of them when i dont' ahve room, i still got a few left though
Ryan voted for me!!!

WHO_99
Thumbs Up
Thumbs Up

Postby Noodlez » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:12 pm

i better get my ps3 2morro....so i can play this game for 8 hours straight before goin to sleep for skool LOL
Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, he hands the innkeeper 3 nails and he asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby WHO_99 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:00 pm

Noodlez wrote:i better get my ps3 2morro....so i can play this game for 8 hours straight before goin to sleep for skool LOL

trust me, don't do that. i did for uncharted 2.

i got 5/6 of the way done and after i was done i felt sick to my stomach. but all in all i think it was worth it for that game :yeh: :yeh: :yeh:
Ryan voted for me!!!

WHO_99
Thumbs Up
Thumbs Up

Postby twistedblister » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:16 pm

MichaelVash7886 wrote:You get more storage as the game goes on. Right now I got a bunch of stupid pistols to sell so I have no problem with inventory.

this is good news. i was counting this as a major fault of the game. the loading a saved game may wind up patching out but you can constatly load the game and revisit
amo drops or gun drops and maybe get differnt wepons.

the first boss battle against 9 toes. the intro had me laughing.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:41 am

Also TB I killed you in a duel..... We fought remember.
MichaelVash7886

Postby twistedblister » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:38 pm

ok that was werid

any way yeah vash you crippled me.

i would still like to see some Massive multiplayer DM's where you could copy the losers guns you had killed.

Rent it fish if you can first. its fun explor and grind misson based and the coOp could be cool but you have to be at the same point i am guessing as the host or you cant join
still trying to figure out how this restricts other players.

fun good time FPS over all

again that 9 toe boss battle was a hoot. the intro is just stellar.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby gabrile23 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:06 pm

Tryed to rent this twice i'll check again tomorrow but im not holding my breath.
Ive heard good things about it. It sorta reminds me of champions of norrath. If your not familiar with it it was on ps2. You had bunch of classes you could pick from, I like the elf, and you got random weapons and armor from enemies and chests which you have to share with your friends.
Boarderlands has the gun aspect which I think is really interesting. I can't wait to play it!
gabrile23

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:54 pm

I haven't beat 9 yet. Any tips for the dogs that spit acid? They destroy my shield quickly and I die. Even 2 of them got my shield down and there are way more than 2 in there. Got a healing shiled but don't know if I need to level up or look for a particular shield or what. I'm level 6, any tips?
MichaelVash7886

Postby WHO_99 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:36 pm

MichaelVash7886 wrote:I haven't beat 9 yet. Any tips for the dogs that spit acid? They destroy my shield quickly and I die. Even 2 of them got my shield down and there are way more than 2 in there. Got a healing shiled but don't know if I need to level up or look for a particular shield or what. I'm level 6, any tips?

oh yah that guy sucked. the way i beat him was that first i killed a few of his skags, but then i died, and when i respawned, the skags were already dead so i stayed on the ledge (of the enterence) and just sniped all the skags from there. Then i went in and killed the boss
Ryan voted for me!!!

WHO_99
Thumbs Up
Thumbs Up

Postby Noodlez » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:38 pm

FINALLY GOT MY PS3 BACK..GETTIN ON THIS ISH 2NITE YO!!!!!!!! 15 HOUR MARATHON ON THIS TO CATCH UP!!!!!!!!!!

edit

i also got demon souls if any of u guys have it as well....it shuld b easier on co op then single player...all my friends tell me this game is super uber duber hard lol
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:24 pm

You don't play coop in demon souls normally. It's strange.

Also I beat him easily. I was going the opposite way and finding all the adult and spitter skags. Those things are tough. When I finally realized the compass pointed the other way (and beat the entire other section of the map I went and found him won the entire battle in like 15 seconds.

Edit: And there's actually an arena we can go to TB.
MichaelVash7886

Postby twistedblister » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:54 pm

MichaelVash7886 wrote:I haven't beat 9 yet. Any tips for the dogs that spit acid? They destroy my shield quickly and I die. Even 2 of them got my shield down and there are way more than 2 in there. Got a healing shiled but don't know if I need to level up or look for a particular shield or what. I'm level 6, any tips?

if you can find a ledge to be on and snipe at them. win. dont get cought in a gulley and have to retreat and shoot you will get mangled. dont rush in and spin and shooot.

if you can draw a few to you at a time you might be able to thin the ranks. that turret you can deploy helps. granades help. fire based wepons seem to help too.

GAbe wrote
Tryed to rent this twice i'll check again tomorrow but im not holding my breath.
Ive heard good things about it. It sorta reminds me of champions of norrath. If your not familiar with it it was on ps2. You had bunch of classes you could pick from, I like the elf, and you got random weapons and armor from enemies and chests which you have to share with your friends.
Boarderlands has the gun aspect which I think is really interesting. I can't wait to play it!

champions of norath sounds cool i might try to ebay that. its a good game but can be frustrating too. the respawning rat dog things. can drive you nuts. and the millionith time you clear out the riader camp next to the homestead just makes you kind of worn out. its nice to level up and get those one shot head pops though.ha. :-)
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby Noodlez » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:27 am

i played just a few missions...had so much hw to catch up on....i must say....its awesome so far....which characters did u guys choose?? im a hunter....i shuldve picked siren though
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:12 pm

TB needed to read a bit further haha.
MichaelVash7886

Postby WHO_99 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:11 pm

Noodlez wrote:i played just a few missions...had so much hw to catch up on....i must say....its awesome so far....which characters did u guys choose?? im a hunter....i shuldve picked siren though

yah i'm a hunter too.

after i get well into the game i'm gonna start a new profile as brick hahah he looks like a fun character
Ryan voted for me!!!

WHO_99
Thumbs Up
Thumbs Up

Postby Noodlez » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:32 pm

9 toes was so easy...i beat him in 1 try...sent my bird after his ass and killed him wit 2 grenades and 1 good shotgun blast to the head...wut level were u guys on?
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby WHO_99 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:57 pm

i'm 12 right now.

btw when anyone gets to lvl 12 or to the lvl where they get a car, lemme know so we can play together and still be able to complete missions
Ryan voted for me!!!

WHO_99
Thumbs Up
Thumbs Up

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:44 pm

Just got to 9. Very close to where I can get vehicles.
MichaelVash7886

Postby Noodlez » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:28 am

im about to hit 10...i am so loving this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noodlez
...on crack

Next

Return to Reviews