Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Talk About Anything

fixed it for ya

fixed it for ya

Postby testuser » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:49 pm

ok thats fixed :yeh:

use the upload image now instead of the attachment (that button up top there, on the right) it will automaticly insert your pic, also i turned on the litebox so you can click the pic.

drew i dont have tapatalk on my iphone, what are you using to post pics from your phone? crap i guess i can go look :pick:
testuser

Re: fixed it for ya

Postby nymphetomine » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:42 am

TEST

dDWSYh6.jpg
"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby fishki » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:21 pm

crap nymph, find a big enough pic :shck:
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

fixed it for ya

Postby Drew » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:22 pm

I just use tapatalk to post pictures. I take a screen shot and then just upload them via the options in reply. For a regular camera picture I use the paper clip, but the paper clip gives me an error when uploading a screenshot. So for screenshots I use the camera button. I feel this is different and I used to use the paper clip for both.

^^^^That's the screen shot from camera button
Drew

fixed it for ya

Postby Drew » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:25 pm

uploadfromtaptalk1453515779937.jpg

That is a picture of what some other tech left me that called in sick and management didn't trust to finish. I uploaded that with the paper clip button. I swear I used to do screenshots liken this too. It now gives me a file mismatch error jpg vs png. I forget what it says tho.
Drew

fixed it for ya

Postby Drew » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:26 pm

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160123/debe2f18666b8aa612b3fa132743f4cb.jpg[/img]

Screen shot of the error.

PS. My computer has been infected with adware and I'm too lazy to fix it so I just use my phone for everything.
Drew

Postby fishki » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:48 am

Ok, so when you take a picture it goes to your image library, (camera roll with iphones).
So wouldnt taking a screen shot go to the same place?

The error you are getting is an extension mismatch, image says it a jpg when in fact its a png, or vice versa.
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby nymphetomine » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:46 am

On a slightly unrelated note l, this site looks good on phones as well now! The whole image implementation is smooth. (using the stock xperia browser)

DSC08503.JPG
"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:51 pm

Yes screenshots go into my gallery but are in a different folder. I can access both folders from either button. I don't think where the image is stored has anything to do with it. The buttons use different tags on the forum for posting. I'm not sure if it's a forum issue or tapatalk issue and I don't really care if it's fixed or changed. You asked so there it is.

I haven't checked but screenshots may be saved as a different format then camera pictures.

If you want I can screen shot how tapa tags the uploaded images for you, but you can prob see them in my posts.
Drew

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Photos haven't really been an issue for me. It was more for videos.
Drew

Postby fishki » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Yes the 'Upload Image' uploads from your pc to my server so you dont have to use photobucket or imgur etc. The 'Img" button is for images from external sites.

The 'Upload Image' button is also the same thing as the 'Upload Attachment' tab you see below when making a post. It is just a simplified step to upload images here.

Also the 'Img' button restricts image width to 800 px in width so It does not go outside the boundaries of the forum post area. If its wider than that the you only see the link with the tags.

-o • Post a reply.png

Using the 'Upload Image' creates thumbnail and if you click on the image it opens up fullsize into a litebox.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Yes but I am using tapatalk which you asked about. I don't think I see "your" buttons. I see the default tapatalk ones I believe.

Also I don't upload my images anywhere. They automatically get uploaded to a tapatalk server and then creates a link. I paid for unlimited photos on tapatalk years ago... But I think it's all free now the New tapatalk.
Drew

Postby fishki » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:00 pm

I need to put tapatalk back on my phone, have not had it for a couple years now. I dont remember what the features were, also sounds like nymph is just coming to the site itself.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Yeah I only had issues with videos BTW. And I now know how to get around it so no worries.

Do got guys have a hard time seeing pictures I post?
Drew

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:59 pm

I can try using a browser... Bit I haven't used a browser for years. Tapa is usually just quick and easy to navigate. Bit it does stick me with tapa's own features.
Drew

Re:

Postby fishki » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:31 pm

Drew wrote: Bit I haven't used a browser for years.

:shck:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:47 pm

I mean, a browser for forums on a phone. I do use a browser for other things. But I always try to use an app over a browser on the phone when ever possible.
Drew

Postby Drew » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:46 pm

So I disagree with using the browser to navigate the forum. I mean it works fine for the most part and phone speeds are better these days. But it still requires zooming and scrolling. I also don't like typing on forums through a browser... Still lags and editing what I already typed sucks.

I am on sprint so my network isn't the greatest. Though I mostly post at home while on Wi-Fi, though I'm on at&t uverse... Which is the worst. I pay for a service that is faster then the dsl I had years ago but it is actually slower and much more unreliable. Hell my ps4 gives me "slow connection to the internet, this may effect game play" warnings. And it's hard wired to my router.

Um so yeah, I'll stick with tapatalk. I'll live if everything doesn't work...lol
Drew

Postby fishki » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:40 pm

Im usually camping on my pc .... people do still have them i think :pick:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:16 am

I hear performance pc's are going to make a come back for vr.

I miss my pc. Actually I still have it. I hate laptop keyboards to be honest. But we don't really have a good office space here. Small home, we want to turn half the closet in the guest room into a office. Or just a built in desk to save space.

Fish should come and build me it for me... I bet you have the man power, tools and skill to do it.. haha.

I moved a small Ikea table in there as a test and I think we like it. But we would like to make it nice looking somehow.
Drew

Return to Talk About Anything