Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Talk About Anything

DREW I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

Postby Drew » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:27 am

Yeah the star... People butch they don't like the hood star, some take it off and put the most hideous aftermarket grill star on. People bitch about the grill star is too big or our grill are too big.

Lol, well that's just Mercedes. It's all about a big grill and having that star. Once you get used to MB or have one you start to like it. I have a friend who always drove BMW's. Always said he hated our hood star. I finally got him into an E-class after his X5 he didn't love. Well he loves his MB over all his BMW's he's not a sports car type. Well after a month or so I asked him how he liked sitting behind that star, he said he loved it and wouldn't dare take it off.

I'm mixed personally. I like the hood star, but hood emblems are from days gone buy and I think Benz is only one that can still pull it off.

I've always hated the grill star on sedans and coupes. But it belongs on out sport cars. It's just classic there as it has always been like that on those cars. The early 2000's SLR looked shitty tho, at least the star.

I don't know I'm not a big fan of the super cars. I guess they are cool to drive but I always get stuck will the ones that have issues... Well I guess that's my job. I always get assigned cars that need to be rescued from a bad situation or has a weird problem. I guess that's OK they pay good for it.

Today I have to replace a dashboard in a GTS cause it got a new windshield and the windshield guy fucked it all up. It's super smooth dash material finish which is so thin and easy to scar. Small ass interior is not helping. I don't want to do it.. haha why can't the tech that was already working on it do it.

Oh well, I'll let you know how it drives when I'm done fish.
Drew

Re: DREW I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

Postby fishki » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:44 pm

The SLR's were a crap design, looks like 2 ppl designed it, one worked from the windshield back, the other from the windshield forward, they did it with out letting the other one see the design and then mashed the 2 together. the ass end looks sweet imo, but the front half is horrid and does not fit the flow of the car, especially the side view, and the pointed front, wth is that about.

yeah have fun with that gts, when your done you can redo the cloth on my front posts on my bimmer, when i put in my dash cam I took off drivers side trim to run wiring and messed it up, now it is loose right up against windshield. what made it hard to work on and take off is that there is fuckin airbags in those post, or airbag stuff, not sure which, so it was a pain and i had to wiggle it around alot to get trim back on and messed up the material.
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Lol fish, I honestly feel this way about the slr, sls and gts. Sls looked very odd in the rear but pretty tough in the front. The gts look like a Porsche 928 in the rear and a little weeny to me that in the front. Though I like the gts look the best overall. I liked the side profile of the slr. Something about that car I think is just cool but it's the most ridiculous thing ever to own and service and a big pain to work on.

As for the pointy nose on the slr. Well you gotta go to where this car came from. It came from the mclaren/Mercedes formula one partnership. Mercedes as usual is way too proud of their shit. That point in the front, that is the shape of a formula one car. Yep for real, they tried to put formula 1 nose cone into the design of a road car, and they are so proud of it they stuck a big fucking star in it. The only thing that is cool about that on an slr is the star is the air intake scoop. They actually did this on 2 cars. Look up a 2004 Slk, yep the point in the front of the car is supposed to look like the nose of a formula 1 car. Who the fuck wants that on a street car, and I like formula 1.

Then there is design language branding. Which I hate as it can ruin an otherwise very good looking car. This is when manufacturers try to give all their cars a similar look. The headlights on the slr, the peanut headlights that at also on the sl,clk and c-class cars. What's worse is now they try facelift cars to look similar recent new design language. For instance cars trends go from square lines, round, and round and sculpt and back to square.... Endless circle. But they will take a round car and facelift the thing with square bumpers and mirrors and then have a pointy bumper (I call the bird beak) on a originally round bodied car. Then the take a nice clean square lined car and put these round and sculpy bumpers on it. Ugh.. and then they call it all new... Oh come on! Our e-class suffers the most from this as it is usually realesed on its own time frame, where others are released closer together. This branding also effects the front and rear look of the car. As there are a bunch of designers making these cars and then the manufacturer will pick the design they like best. Then they will redesign the face of the car to fit in with their branding. So yeah it probably is 2 different thoughts of how the cars shape and final face look come together.

It drives me crazy as I always nitpick car design elements right down to those damn side markers. God damn it just design the car to be it's own thing so it looks good. And if you're going to sell it in a country that requires side markers then design that in from the start instead of slapping on that ugly thing.

Your A-pillar trim... Lol yeah getting front and rear pillar panels to fit right can be a bunch of fun. You can fix pillars by taking them back off and using an adhesive spray. You could look for high temp adhesive spray for hood pads. Spray a little onto the plastic side of the pillar, let it tack up and then fold the fabric back over it. If you spray too much it can soak into the fabric and discolor it. But it should look fine once it dries even if that happens.
Drew

Postby Drew » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:26 pm

uploadfromtaptalk1455243962591.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1455243975134.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1455243983043.jpg

Hehe, all done. Wasn't too bad at all actually.
Drew

Postby fishki » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:54 pm

well that looks like a pain in the ass.... :bng:

is that my makita screwgun :shck:
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Uhm no it's mine...

But don't you home contractors bill for new ones at each job and then sell then on eBay after the job is complete?
Drew

Re:

Postby fishki » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:36 am

Drew wrote:But don't you home contractors bill for new ones at each job and then sell then on eBay after the job is complete?

Well, someone has to pay for them... :pick:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:13 pm

I would love to bill people everytime for my tools... Ha
Drew

Postby Drew » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:13 pm

uploadfromtaptalk1455765229274.jpg
Drew

Postby fishki » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:24 pm

oh what the hell :laugh2:

actually looks comfy but not sure I would want my friends seeing those in my car :zm:
fishki
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Talk About Anything