Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Talk About Anything

Bliss the Dog

Bliss the Dog

Postby twistedblister » Fri May 27, 2011 10:29 pm

One of my dogs. She is 13 has heart problems. Cancer and OS unable to.walk. o had vet remove fluid from around her heart to help her breathe bit I may have to put her down tomorrow if she continues to suffer. O have sat here with her since I got her back from surgery after work. Pets are great but live such short lives. It's heartache every couple of years

taptalk jugernaut
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Re: Dog

Postby Drew » Sat May 28, 2011 2:02 pm

That sucks man, sorry to hear. Its sad to loose pets as they become part of you :-(

I wish you both the best

yes, its a phone
Drew

Postby twistedblister » Sat May 28, 2011 4:28 pm

THanks man. thier lives are so short and you become so attached. we are doing good. it was really tough going but she is no longer suffering. that helps me a great amount right now. I had to euthenize her today. she had not eaten for 2 1/2 days. she could no longer stand. i had to carry her to the vet. she was very calm and was very peaceful there was no strain or discomfort. my vet did an outstanding job. it was tough but again she was suffering not to have done this would have needlessly prolonged suffering. she was tough and might have lasted 2 or 3 more days but it would have been a very agonizing existance. the gentle release was the best gift i could give her baack for all the joy and laughs and love she gave me.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Sat May 28, 2011 4:31 pm

taptalk jugernaut
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1306618306937.jpg
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Re: Bliss the Dog

Postby pineapple7811 » Sun May 29, 2011 5:18 pm

aww..poor thing..

sorry tb :(

i still miss my beagle..we had to put him down on my 20th bday. he had been my best friend ever since 2nd grade. he too had fluid build up around his heart and basically had congestive heart failure

not an easy thing to go through at all.
pineapple7811

Postby twistedblister » Mon May 30, 2011 2:33 pm

no and thanks for sharing and for the kind words.

We got Bliss when she was six. Anohter family had returned her to the adoption agency for a very superfical and what sounded made up reason. She was with a foster family when we began looking into getting another pet. we met the foster family half way between thier house and ours about an hour and a halfs dirve. on the way back bliss laid on the floor in the back seat of the truck and kept nudging my arm. she imediatly made her self home and took over alpha girl of our 2 other dogs. she was increadibly sweet and would curl up next to anyone and expect to be patted all the time. I dont remember her traack record exactly but she ran alot. upwards of 30 to 40 somthing races. I misss her and this has been a tough weekend. we had her for seven years. We have two dogs remaining with us. a six year old and a 3 year old. they are great dogs but they do have unique and different personalities. Taking care of Bliss was a great experiance.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby fishki » Tue May 31, 2011 8:09 pm

damn sorry to her that tb, i know you loved your "girls" as i believe you called them.
and I know how they were part of your family. It was for the best to end the suffering she had to be going thru.

Kindness is the greatest virtue of all.
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby twistedblister » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:49 am

Thanks fishman. Yeah good memory I do just call my mini wolf pack the girls. That stage of life is brutally hard to accept. Their lives are so short and it never gets any easier. They become friends and family. I will find some happy pics and link them to this thread.

taptalk jugernaut
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Return to Talk About Anything