Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Talk About Anything

Summer Plans

Re: Summer Plans

Postby hippo999 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:26 am

TS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hippo999
Team Killer

Postby twistedblister » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:50 am

City of sin kids :$

1 night and caught the Penn and teller live show

[img]http://tapatalk.com/mu/6c69dfdd-b5cd-6dce.jpg[//img]

taptalk jugernaut

dont get it my picture flunked :-I(

ooo ok its to wide. damn me and my wide load
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby TwistedSystem » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:13 am

hippo999 wrote:TS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hippo!!!! and as a side note i did end up making plans for the summer, me and some friends are gonna drive out and camp out to go see a concert, should be a decent weekend.
TwistedSystem

Postby twistedblister » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:40 pm

sounds like a great weekend be safe in the woods. theres bears in there.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Going to hit a Braves game I think.
MichaelVash7886

Postby twistedblister » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:18 pm

No more travel plans just now

taptalk jugernaut
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby fishki » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am

lol, i got out of going to a reunion :yeh:
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby twistedblister » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:09 am

Always a good avoid . Ha good for you man

taptalk jugernaut
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby Drew » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:53 am

Finally have some summer plans. We are going on a whale watching boat tour in Monterey bay this Saturday. And then if all goes well we should be camping in the Santa Cruz mountains first weekend of September :-)

- sent from my Wired Evo -
Drew

Postby twistedblister » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:40 pm

that sounds awesome well the whale part. i hate camping to an extreme. like documentaries about wildlife but i enjoy watching it inside my living room. good luck and have fun though drew.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby Noodlez » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:21 pm

whale watching...I wanna do it!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, he hands the innkeeper 3 nails and he asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby fishki » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:06 pm

damn i that would be awesome to see some whales up close ... i just see them on tv
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:09 am

I'd like to do some whale watching myself ... ha

ok, so we went down to Monterey and overall it was a pretty good weekend. We really didn't get to see any whales. mostly just birds and a few dolphins.

it was a very overcast day, as expected. the crew said that they hadn't seen many whales in the last week or so, they move in and out of the bay looking for food.

my opinion of this tour was that the boat was over packed and the crew didn't really care for allowing everyone a chance to get a good view. the captain had the side of the boat he liked to turn to, of course it doesn't help that not everyone can fit over there.

as we started out they recommended everyone to find a seat outside on the back, but mentioned a couple of other places to sit. they also said if you get sea sick that you should move to the back of the boat. would be ok except like only half of the people fit back there.

so they drove out over the deep trench and we followed that for a few hours. and just before turning back we were able to spot a whale... sort of.

so we found this whale, but it was very hard to see as it would only pop for a second and then dive. we mostly just saw some splashes. I got to see a part of the whale as I am tall but my wife (Christine) could not see it.

finally the whale pops up just in front of the boat and slightly to the left. yay! we are all excited on our side of the boat. but what does the captain do? oh he turns the boat away so the same people on the right side of the boat that have already had good views of the whale can see it again.

this was one of the few times I bit my tongue and didn't say anything. the wife usually doesn't like it when I speak about stuff like this, but I think she wanted me to this time. I guess I didn't cause I knew it was too late and we were going to turn back.

all in all it wasn't too bad except for the captains retarded decision to turn the boat the to the same overcrowded side. I kinda think it would have been better if we never found a whale.

ahh its ok, as the boat ride was fun for the most part. I tried to get some pictures but nothing came out too well except for a few sunset pictures and this one of a pelican gliding over our wake...

Drew

Postby fishki » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:18 pm

ah crap drew, to bad you didnt get some good whale sightings in, but a prtial one is better than none. I don't think I would like to be on a boat with that many ppl, but i figure a private charter would be expensive for seeing whales. Hell I would be excited just to be on the ocean since I have never seen that much water, ponds and lakes for me :yeh: The pelican pic is pretty cool, I have never seen one of those either :multi: dont they follow fishing boats around or is that another bird??
fishki
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Talk About Anything