So Osama is dead.

So Osama is dead.

Postby cloud945076 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:27 pm

About time...
cloud945076
Exotic Species

Re: So Osama is dead.

Postby legendary-pirate » Sun May 01, 2011 11:11 pm

I'm glad about this as well. And there were no injuries or deaths to our troops in the process. God bless the men and women who risked their lives to bring us this feat
legendary-pirate

Postby twistedblister » Mon May 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Almost ten years. It was a big shock when I heard this

taptalk jugernaut
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby Drew » Mon May 02, 2011 2:32 pm

And they buried his body at sea... sounds a little fishy but I'm glad they got him.

sent from Outer space using Tapatalk
Drew

Postby pineapple7811 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:58 pm

i dunno this all seems weird to me and i have no clue why.
pineapple7811

Postby Drew » Mon May 02, 2011 7:38 pm

I think its weird for a few reasons.

its weird cause it makes you think about the whole thing. and that's a pretty weird sucky thing to think about.

its weird cause it went bam killed, buried at sea. or just how this all comes across through the media. what we watched at today lunch was asking questions of dna tests and how they had dna to compare it to. and then it said in big across the screen "his body was buried at sea". I don't know but that did get us a little revved up in the lunch room.

and then there is the possibility of retaliation...
Drew

Postby twistedblister » Mon May 02, 2011 9:37 pm

I dont have a problem with the sea burial. they had a Muslim cleric oversee the prep and the body was treated respectfully supposedly. the burial at sea removes the possibility of his tomb as a shrine for terrorists.

My thing is and this is something i find surprising. no one mentions how we aided these tribal people while they were fighting the Russians in Afghanistan. Check out the documentarty Charile willsons war

excerpt from the NY times

In later years Mr. Wilson insisted that the United States had not made a mistake by supporting the Afghan rebels, among them Osama bin Laden and the Islamists who would form the Taliban regime. He said if the United States had helped rebuild Afghanistan, it would have remained stable and not become a safe haven for Al Qaeda.

So what you get is the guy was a shithole terrorist who oraganized a successful attack and blew up two buildings and lots of American lives. But ….

we at one point considered people like him an ally. Life is not black and white. I am not saying Ossama was a good person. He attacked us and deserved retaliation / vengeance. But we delt with him differently when he was fighting Russians.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby Drew » Tue May 03, 2011 12:24 am

Yeah I don't really have a problem with the sea burial. That news blurp at lunch was the first I heard of it. Its a little crazy how the media can put an idea in your head.

sent from Outer space using Tapatalk
Drew

Postby pineapple7811 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:53 am

yep yep.

just odd.
and for some reason..i dont think we should be celebrating the way people are. i mean, i think its good hes gone and everything. like i said..i just dont know.

but i saw this facebook status on failbook and it made me laugh

pineapple7811

Postby twistedblister » Tue May 03, 2011 9:25 pm

he attacked a soverign nation and in that regard needed to be terminated. i did not go around my nieghborhood hooting and hollaring. i took it in stride. its a check mark thing for me. that box is marked off hopefully more will follow and we can end some of the wars we have going.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby fishki » Tue May 03, 2011 9:58 pm

never heard of the guy :pick:

---->spoiler<----
glad they finally got him, but this late in the game it seems kinda anti-climatic.... why dont they go get kadafi

nice find pine.... made me :laugh2:
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby twistedblister » Tue May 03, 2011 11:25 pm

fishki wrote:never heard of the guy :pick:

:

ha. nice one.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby gabrile23 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:20 pm

It does feel weird to get somthing you've wanted for so long and its just not as good as you thought it would be. Osama is dead but what he did can never be made right. He got what he deserved and thats all you can really say.

on a lighter note an alternative obama speech very funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlOIy6QE ... re=None_mf
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Sun May 08, 2011 6:23 pm

when i heard the word terror bombs growing up it usually involved England. its a new way of life for us. 10 years is a long time.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby TwistedSystem » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:02 pm

legendary-pirate wrote:I'm glad about this as well. And there were no injuries or deaths to our troops in the process. God bless the men and women who risked their lives to bring us this feat

Except for the innocents those troops gunned down >.>
TwistedSystem

Postby twistedblister » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:17 pm

wow harsh criticism man. Anyone with any access to Osama would have been a trusted ally. To me in that logic our current most active enemy. Just my opinion. The human being has a truly horrible dual nature.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby TwistedSystem » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:10 pm

twistedblister wrote:wow harsh criticism man. Anyone with any access to Osama would have been a trusted ally. To me in that logic our current most active enemy. Just my opinion. The human being has a truly horrible dual nature.

I didn't mean it in a harsh way, came out that way though. I get that its justified but you forget im canadian so he wasn't really my direct enemy. He deserved to die, no doubt about it, I just personally think that even if the innocents were allied with him they shouldn't of been killed, they obviously aren't innocent but not neccassarily that guilty, could of been his family for all we know.
TwistedSystem

Postby twistedblister » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:28 am

I was not jumping on your but man and i can accept that most wars are not justified. I dont want to restrict opinions either. I dont see life or people as evil or good. most dont achive that level. Paul pot, Adloph Hitler Stalin being some recent excptions. Id would not have wanteed to make that call but if i were on that fubared mission into a soverign nation on a tactial strike ( not that i would ever be anywhere close to that situation) i would kill everything so that i could be certain i would be going home. I understand that not everyone is truly malicious and dangerous to societys at large. in charlie wilsons war we suplied the afgans witth wepons to fight the soviets. now they are our enimies. cyclic problems.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Return to Talk About Anything