Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Whatever

So I am finally getting a PS4

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:05 am

So I'm confused on how we linked up on the refer a friend thing. Or if we really are?

Also, I'm not ready to start a new character but when I do, do I have to redo all the beginning missions or do I just continue from where I am with a low rank character? Would this new character still be linked up with you nymph?

Sorry I didn't turn destiny back on last night. I wanted to rank up in battlefront so I could unlock the last blaster.

Edit, I guess we are linked. So we did that in game then?

Oh and how does that shader thing work that you showed me. It looks like it just turns everything black. Am I supposed to be able to adjust the colors or do I have to unlock more shades?
Drew

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:12 am

fishki wrote:i have destiny .... this one...maybe its the only one, i dunno.... came with my ps4 :2gs:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZJ2 ... ge_o02_s00

So when are we all playing destiny? We should get all 3 of us in game?
Drew

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:36 am

Nymph what do all these things do? Should I use them or save them?

I know what the spark of light is but the rest I'm unsure of.

Drew

Re: So I am finally getting a PS4

Postby fishki » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:06 am

So using nymphs refer a friend link it and setting up a bungie account takes me to a buy it now page, I dont want to buy it, I already have it.... what do i do?

bunjie.JPG
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby nymphetomine » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:08 am

Drew already used my refer a friend code, I'd suggest using reddit.com/r/fireteams to find a player who can show you around. I don't mind doing it, but since my code is already used it might be a waste. :suicide:
"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby fishki » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:38 am

So what are you saying? you can only refer one friend? :ax:
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby nymphetomine » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:47 am

Yepp. It's lame, I know. :bng: :bng:
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:42 am

Try this fish, you may have the start playing the game for it to work, not sure.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ReferAFriend? ... YF-3YV-JDC
Drew

Postby Drew » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Are you going to play tonight fish?
Drew

Postby fishki » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:40 pm

doubt it, got home and kids crying about no hot water, so im draining out my water heater to replace the heating elements... crap i need a shower :bng:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:30 pm

It never stops does it?
Drew

Postby Drew » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:08 pm

So this page says you can have 4 linked friends. And you can see your linked friends under accepted referrals or something. I don't see this tab or who I'm linked with. I'm pretty sure I can see nymph. Not sure about fish tho.

I do see that fish has "a tale of 2 guardians" quest which I think is unlocked by being linked? We did play a bunch of patrols and both of us have this part completed now, though I completed mine with nymph. Maybe we can all play next weekend and finish the quest?

uploadfromtaptalk1453079288145.png
Drew

Postby Drew » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:11 pm

Fish here is the link again, see if it works or not. Or log into bungie.net and look under refer-a-friend tab and see if you see my name by any quest.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ReferAFriend? ... YF-3YV-JDC
Drew

Postby fishki » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:26 pm

Refer a Friend   Error   Bungie.net.png

have a pending one for nymph and no way to cancel it, also cant make a link cause it says i need to play destiny :bng:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby nymphetomine » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:10 am

Hey Fish, I'm back. Had to fly back to the Netherlands to attend to my grandfathers funeral. I just had a look and it seems we are linked! It say you need to visit the Speaker in the tower to start the quest. The Speaker is to the left of where you start (up the left side stairs and through the tunnel and on the the raised platform in the middle)

Let me know.
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:49 am

Nymph! Dude! Glad your back, last night was crazy fun and hard!

I have questions... Some I forget right now. But weapons, I'm out of space and we did discover the vault last night. Which I couldn't find for awhile, fish found it. I thought is was in my inventory settings or something cause that's where is shows on the destiny app. Anyway I have been dismantling guns left and right in game to make room for pick ups. I think I got rid of all my hand cannons.

Anyway fish and I have been working on "the dark below" quest. I believe we did step 7 last night which was crazy at the end. We weren't prepared at all as both of us only had primary weapons ammo. We didn't get a lot of pick ups for the end boss scene. I was ready to call it a night but fish wanted to stick it out. We worked together with 1 mic and messaging and we figured it out. It was awesome and only took us a hundred tries or something. It felt awesome to finish that. I think it was step 7 the awakening.

I don't quite understand the steps in quests. I think I do but a lot of them look incomplete to me and I think they actually are. It's strange.

We need to talk weapons cause I'm not sure what I should discard or keep. Also their power level seems off to me. Or should I say impact rating vs rank usage vs attack rating, what's the most important? I see guns with less impact seem to cause more damage cause of higher attack rating?

Also similar questions on armor.

Anyway see you guys in game. Let's schedule some time to play. I may need a break on staying up so late as I have to get up pretty early and I am feeling it today.

I'm also on my second sub-class now. Sunsinger or something. I do not understand what my super does. Grenades are harder for me to hit. I'm sure it's just a new learning curve and I will probably google sunsinger before I play next.

Cheers, good to see you're back!
Drew

Postby fishki » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:12 pm

glad to see you back nymph :yeh:

last nite was a cluster fuck, fun as hell, the no ammo part sucked big time, and then my controller died so I plugged it in and was sitting 2 feet from a 55 inch tv.

I have not a clue on my weapons, just pick what i am comfy with and gives lot of damage, I have been able to upgrade them so that has helped alot. My choices so far have been pretty limited. I did have the codes for a weapons pack, but not sure what weapons since I didnt have time to look before we started playing.

Not sure how late we played drew but I had to work today, got up at 7, tired as hell all day
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:27 pm

Lol fish.. 2 feet from a 55" TV.

I bought a second controller so I wouldn't have to worry. But if you have an older phone USB charger you can use that. I think .75 amp or below. I use a .5 amp charger so I never have to plug them in to my ps4 that way I can keep my controllers anywhere in the room I want.

Pretty sure we stopped playing just before 3 your time. Then I was in the tower for a while before I cleaned up and went to bed.

Thank god for coffee
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:44 pm

Hey Dew and Fish,

It's a lot of things you two are asking (and pretty understandable)

First damage and armour stats.

Simply put, the higher the better.
After you reach level 40 your power will be measured in Light Level, this is where the yellow numbers come into play. Your Light Level (LL) is a total of all the yellow numbers you have (weapons, armour, artifact, class item, and ghost shell)
The Damage stat is not related to the LL of the weapon, it just shows how hard it hits (stagger). If you look closely you'll notice that most weapons follow certain archetypes (Example: Auto rifles can have high rate of fire but low impact, or low rate of fire and high impact. Etc.)

Armour buffs the Strength, Discipline, and Intellect stats. These determine the cool down time of you melee, grenades, and super.

OK, I hope that's somewhat cleared up.

Weapons, what to keep and what to dismantle.

I don't know what level right now, but let's assume you are under level 40.
Under level 40, go for the highest Attack numbers. If you really don't like your gun, swap it out, it's not that important.

When you are level 40 and higher you should focus on getting Legendary (purple) weapons (armour as well!) here is where LL becomes important. The higher your LL, the more damage you deal. When you get Legendary guns see if they fit your play style and what perks they have (some are better than others)
Say you get an LL 300 auto rifle but you really don't like the perks or just hate AR's in general and at the same time you also have a 280 hand cannon with amazing perks and that fits your play style, you should infuse the AR into your hand cannon. To do this you'll need Legendary Marks ( you get them from dismantling purple stuff, daily missions and some quests) go to the weapon you want to keep, hand cannon in our example, and press triangle on it. You'll see an icon on the left of the upgrade tree that says "infuse" click that button and select the AR. This deletes the AR, but transfers a portion of the LL towards that hand cannon. If you are not sure if you want to keep a weapon or not, but you're running out of space. Put it in the vault (the 3 big pillars in the tower or next to the postmaster in the reef)
Oh, keep high level Blue weapons as well, you can use them to infuse into your purple weapons.

SUNSINGER, The God of year 1!

While Novabomb if o so satisfying, the Sunsinger in invulnerable during Hard Mode Raids year 1 Nightfall and quite a lot of other places.

The super from the Sunsinger mainly reduces the cool down of your grenades and melee, however wen you unlock more perks on it you can also reduce your ally's grenades and melee's. When you unlock the 3rd perk, it does .... I forgot. :shck: BUT, the 4th and final perk of the Sunsingers super allows you to revive yourself whe you die with a full super. PRAISE THE SUN, MotherFuckers!
Now, I hear you thinking "Why would I keep a full super and not use it?"
Well, this is why, Hard Mode Raids do NOT allow team revives, year 1 Nightfall kicked you back to orbit when the whole fireteam was dead (not anymore tho) and last but not least, The Tlaloc. It is a Warlock only Exotic (yellow) Scout Rifle that fires and handles faster when your super energy is full. To get this gun you'll have to do a certain quest.

I hope to have covered most of your questions with this wall of text.

Send me a message on PSN when you are on and playing and I'll see if I can come online! :yeh:
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:17 pm

Thanks nymph, that does help. I was. A bit confused cause weapons come through so quickly and go. Asked yesterday most of my stuff has turned blue. I didn't even know there were different colors until yesterday.

I also got my first purple gun last night in the tower after you guys left. And my light level broke 100 woo hoo! Haha

After all that I was a spec from level 20 so I hoped in a patrol and the first thing I shot ranked me up. I then did a public event by myself. It was pretty easy as I think I chose a level 4 patrol, just did the first thing I saw. Anyway I didn't win the event until the last few seconds but it gave be gold... Whatever that means. But I think that's the next step in the tale of 2 guardians. We should all just do a public event the next time we're in game and knock that out.
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:21 am

The different weapon colours are White = Common, Green = Uncommon, Blue = Rare, Purple = Legendary, Yellow = Exotic.

Yea, it was to be expected you'd get a Legendary for reaching Level 20 (it was the level cap in the original game)
I think the next step for us in the friends quest id for you to reach level 40 and for me and fish it is nearly everything I believe. Things would be easier if someone would get a mic :pick:

:yeh:
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:39 am

I would disagree with that coloring. Green is very common and white is uncommon.. haha at least for me it is. Not sure if I was given the purple gun or I bought it. I did buy some guns. It says it's a level 10.. but it's still my most powerful of that type of gun.. I forget what it is tho.

And damn that shader sales person. 2 nights in a row I saw her to view what was available and I accidentally bought a shader... Grr

Um yeah fish... Where is your mic. You can use use any cell phone wire ear bud mic and plug it right into your controller. Also my star wars bundle came with one of these. I'll ship it to you!
Drew

Postby Drew » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:42 am

No sir, it's says my current step is the public event.

uploadfromtaptalk1453390910507.png

So let's all go on patrol, get fishes patrols knocked out and then we can all get the public event done. Yeah yeah
Drew

Postby fishki » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:59 pm

you using remote play app? sucks its not out for iphone :pick:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:09 pm

fishki wrote:you using remote play app? sucks its not out for iphone :pick:

No there is a destiny companion app. Basically bungies web site in an app. But it doesn't have everything the website has. I think you can check out weapons and armor and maybe equip them.

There is a PlayStation app but there is no remote play available for my phone. I think you need a Vita or a Sony phone.

The PlayStation app has a second screen function but it doesn't do anything for me except messaging maybe... But the messaging app we already use is better for that.
Drew

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever