Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Whatever

So I am finally getting a PS4

Re: So I am finally getting a PS4

Postby fishki » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:46 am

Drew wrote:No there is a destiny companion app. Basically bungies web site in an app. But it doesn't have everything the website has. I think you can check out weapons and armor and maybe equip them.

There is a PlayStation app but there is no remote play available for my phone. I think you need a Vita or a Sony phone.

The PlayStation app has a second screen function but it doesn't do anything for me except messaging maybe... But the messaging app we already use is better for that.

Android has a remote play app, (mirrors the ps4 screen). The second screen in PS app only controls your ps4 screen, not sure what purpose that would have since you have to be watching your ps4 on the tv, might as well use the controller.

I have remote play on my pc that allows me to actually play my ps4 from my pc, (mirrors the screen) and keyboard navigates.

Sony is supposed to be putting out a remote play app for iphone, but have no idea when
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:50 am

ImageImage

Seems mostly useless anyway
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:55 am

I'm using an xperia, and the app used to work for me, but lately it just gives me an error message. useful to navigate to the tower and grab some bounties when you're still on the loo tho. :yeh: :yeh:
"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:15 am

Fish I hope you get some sleep! I'm up already! My daughter woke my up a half hour after I went to bed, she wanted to come to our bed. She then crowded me so I couldn't sleep and headbutted me in the shoulder blade at one point... Ugh.. and has already forces me out of bed for the day.

Man, I think I need a break from destiny. If I play games tonight I promised hambone I would play starwars this weekend anyway. If I can stay awake...
Drew

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:54 pm

Well much as I should take a break I still want to play!
Drew

Postby fishki » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:01 pm

I hated to quit last nite, could hardly keep my eyes open, but damn that was fun, knocked off a ton of bountys and leveled the hell up. I was fukin rolling when you couldn't make that jump and kept dying :laugh2: then my dumb ass kept falling off that beam and landing 3 floors below and having to climb back up there :bng: what a pain lol.

I got up not too long ago, my stupid phone started ring early this morning and wouldn't let me sleep so I just shut the ringer off and crashed back out. I don't have star wars or I would join you guys, haven't played with ham or shorty in forever.
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:38 pm

Yeah... I actually finally figure out the double jump.

It depends on how fast or slow you hit double for how high it would go. I was intentionally hitting it slowly cause that's how I first initiated it. But then sometimes on accident I would get the big jump. Now I know if I hit it fast it will go high. And when I hit it slow it just hovers outward.

Haha
Drew

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:38 pm

So I found a hacked remote play app on xda. It works like a charm. I was able to play destiny on my phone. Just messed around in the tower as the controls are tricky. But it's cool. Too bad I have to get up and turn on the ps4 first..lol
Drew

Re:

Postby fishki » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:30 pm

nymphetomine wrote: Things would be easier if someone would get a mic :pick: :yeh:

Drew wrote:Um yeah fish... Where is your mic.

found me one at walmart on the discount rack, splurged and shelled out 5 bucks for the thing,
not sure if it works cause it looked like elephants stomped on the package, but its a mic :yeh:
fishki
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Postby Drew » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:35 pm

fishki wrote:
nymphetomine wrote: Things would be easier if someone would get a mic :pick: :yeh:

Drew wrote:Um yeah fish... Where is your mic.

found me one at walmart on the discount rack, splurged and shelled out 5 bucks for the thing,
not sure if it works cause it looked like elephants stomped on the package, but its a mic :yeh:

well it works... sort of.

lol, fish your volume is really quiet. But so are a lot of people, but yours is a little more quiet. its ok for me as I use a headphone set with an external amplifier that allows me to adjust chat volume vs game volume. I have to crank it to the chat side a little more then most for you. I can hear you fine but not sure how it will be for others.

also I'm guessing its just one of those inline earbud mics? I can hear the game play back from your tv, mostly when the narrative is talking at the beginning of a strike. For the most part its fine but I hear myself talk through your tv, on delay.. lol. Its fine except when I say something longer then a few words. It gets confusing when I hear myself talk but I am saying something different then I hear. It makes me pause and have to rethink what I was saying. But hey at least I know my mic is working :con:

maybe we can play around with your placement of the thing? what do you have the mic volume set at in the ps4?
Drew

Postby fishki » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:54 pm

Its a really super cheap headset with only one earpiece, but I don't use it as I have surround sound, so I have the chat audio set to where it comes from the surround instead of the earpiece.

I had to turn my mic volume down as I get feedback thru the audio if its up to high, seems there should be a better way, but not sure how.. maybe if i turn down my tv volume, I always have it up to drown out the kids that run around my house at all hours
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:02 am

Yeah it's prob cause it's an online mic. They are hard to face in the direction you need. I bet the mic pick up hole faces your tv.

Actually what about something like this. Looks like you could use the stand to point it at yourself or clip it to your shirt if needed.
niceEshop(TM) Mini Desktop Noise-cancelling Stereo Microphone Recording Condenser (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01825AI06/re ... ZwbCQSMDVX

There is also this one Okeyn Mini Portable Plug and Play Low noise Home Studio Adjustable Desktop Microphone For PC Computer Labtop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VYKH9V8/re ... ZwbF0KRQ65

And others if your search for a tabletop PC mic. Or voip but voip search brings up headsets. You can probably find a USB table top mic if you don't want plugged into your controller. Or any electronics store that sells computer stuff should have something. I would look for a PC mic rather then gaming as gaming will be a full headset.

Or what you have now works I guess.
Drew

Postby fishki » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Ok so I think I looked at about a thousand mics and headsets, I hate the wires hanging everywhere and the cat plays with them while I am wearing them so thats a big pain in the ass.

So i just bought the sony wireless 7:1 surround sound headset... :bng:

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Gold- ... aming+mics
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:31 am

Wow, lol.... I thought you were wanting to stay cheap and not cover your ears up.

I've heard good things about those. Hambone uses them and at least one other of my friends... Maybe nymph.

Yeah they have virtual surround sound. Which is actually pretty good, mine have "Dolby headphone" virtual surround.

I play with this http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-mixamp-t ... MP-TR.html

Actually I play with the last generation system as it was cheaper and they are now out of. I have been using these since 07 I just upgraded my really old set this winter. Virtual surround performs pretty good actually.

They have a wireless version but I didn't want to have to leave them out plugged in to charge for my daughter to grab at. So the wired ones only have 2 wires and I just pack them into their case every night.

Hmm cats... Do they attack your mic wire while the minions of darkness are attacking you?
Drew

Postby fishki » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:10 pm

wow ok, they just showed up awhile ago, going to take some serious getting used to having that on my head, they do sound pretty good and they have a bass boost, the sound is directional, but still not as good as my surround tho.

my kittys attack anything they find... especially boxes, they destroy boxes, and I mean total destruction, its like boxes are their enemy, so they shred them to pieces, if i want to save a box i have to hide it in a closet :bng:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:55 pm

Oh yeah, virtual surround sound will never replace the real thing. But I prefer virtual surround over the headphones that try to stick in a few little speakers into each ear, those tend to lack bass and sound more tinny.

I'm not sure how you get sound out of the ps4 for the headset but I will assume through the optical connection. When you set sound on the ps4 to go through optical it will still send audio through the hdmi connection. But it will only send stereo out through hdmi. If you haven't noticed that yet.
Drew

Postby fishki » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:24 pm

Well, after wearing those headphones for awhile it got to the point I couldn't take it anymore, they hurt the hell out of the top of my head, they are nice and padded on the band, but just feel like they sit heavy on my head. I put on my kids and they felt way more comfortable. Also the buttons that control everything are on the left earpiece, and a royal pain in the ass to find or even push while wearing them, to even mute the mic you have to feel around for the right button, grab the earpiece, and then push the button.

So i ordered a cheaper set off amazon that had great reviews, has built in volume control and mic mute in the wire that you plug into controller. If i like them I will send the others back to amazon.

and my ps app on my phone has not updated with new messages since last saturday :bng:
didnt see messages until i got on destiny tonite
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:34 am

Yeah that sux. I bet wireless headphones weigh a little more.

So now this new set will have a wire to the controller. How will you stop the kitty attacks? Pulse rifle?

Are these a full headset then? Any virtual surround? I wonder how a full headset will affect the controller battery.

Yeah the app sucks. I have to kill the app everytime I finish checking or sending messages. Tho I have a rooted phone with custom software... I just long hold back and it kills it. It's just a short cut to app manager for a force stop. Does iPhone give you any ability to force stop an app? Or do they figure their customers aren't smart enough to know how anyway? But yeah that app is crap.

By the way I got my first 300 weapon drop last night during iron banner. Just a blue pulse rifle. Going to try it out tonight.
Drew

Postby Drew » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:08 am

Edit, that gun is crap fish... It's going to be infused for sure, haha.
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:19 pm

Hey lads, quick update.

Lately a lot of things happened to me and with my life.
Lots of bad things. Bad situation, bad decisions and a lot of regret.

I am no longer in Japan, so I can not play games with you lads anymore. I do not know how long I wont be able to play, because I do not know what I want.

Life has dealt me a hard blow, and I do not know how and if I can recover from that.

I'll try to be around here from time to time.

Cheers.
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby fishki » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:10 am

damn nymph, sorry to hear that, life does have a way of knocking us on our asses every now and then. things will eventually fall into place and everything will get better, might take time but it always works out in the end :yeh:

or...
---->spoiler<----
just move your ass to america, go to work for me, and i will slave drive your ass so hard you wont have time to think :flp: j/k we still love you :nen:
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Sorry nymph, thanks for coming by and letting us know. It may take some time but things will work out.

Hope we get to hang out online again someday.

And yeah fish is good at hiring immigrants legal or not ;)
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Yo Fish, if you're hiring unskilled labour, I might show up in a while. :zm:
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Previous

Return to Whatever